• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Broad injured?

If Swann keeps bowling worse than Hauritz, this attack is going to really become Flintoff dependent...

Woodster

International Captain
Broad injured?

If Swann keeps bowling worse than Hauritz, this attack is going to really become Flintoff dependent...
Was unlucky Swanny with the LBW, just looked out, as Hawkeye suggested. Never mind us English refuse to moan about decisions, you win some you lose some!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Was unlucky Swanny with the LBW, just looked out, as Hawkeye suggested. Never mind us English refuse to moan about decisions, you win some you lose some!
Irrelevant to my point. It won't spin if he doesn't land it. And he hasn't got the bounce Haury was getting.

Commentators just saying now that Broad was getting treatment on his right calf.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wicket is far too benign for our attack. Fair play to Fred for given it a go but roll on Lord's.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Expect the backlash on Cardiff tomorrow, as it suddenly dawns that 400 was nothing more than par, are attack is nothing to write home about and still centered around one bowler.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TMS has Blofeld and Chappelli on talking about SF Barnes.

There's been some debate on here about what it was he actually bowled. Blofeld said he met him. Can a Pom do an SMS to the Beeb and ask him to tell us?

Of course, Blofeld being Blofeld, he'll mumble something about pigeons then head off for some cake or some such ****.

Virtually zero swing for England yet. Of course, it's a different day and different conditions, but the Poms didn't mind mentioning it every second ****ing over in 2005.

Where's Anderson? He's the genuine swing exponent in the side isn't he?

Burgey

Ponting is so damn good
The fact he's been off the boil lately actually makes me appreciate his moments of greatness even more.

There was a time there when I think we Aussies took it for granted, when he was scoring runs for toffee.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff 5+ mph slower in his second spell than his first, and less bounce to go with it. Set batsmen too, which couldn't have helped. Nothing like '05 anyway, when he could come back into the attack and look like taking a wicket at any stage, he definitely seemed a lesser bowler after tea than he did after lunch. I guess he's a bit short on fitness though.

England need a wicket pretty badly.

Burgey

Seems to me Swann is bowling a little too quickly here. Is this a similar pace and trajectory to his WI efforts of late, or is he pushing it through more here?

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Hate the Barmy Army. I don't go to the opera and play cricket - go find a choir if you want to sing.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
A few good overs from Monty there. Nice line and length, got some nice flight and some decent spin. It was better then Swanns last few overs. He's looking tired.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I would have thought given how slow the wicket is, you would need to push it through quicker. An edge might not even carry for a spinner.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Wish even more that we'd not let the English tail get away this morning. We could have been ahead at stumps tonight.

As I type this, Katman drops the f bomb on international telly :)

Burgey

I would have thought given how slow the wicket is, you would need to push it through quicker. An edge might not even carry for a spinner.
Yeah fair point. But by now he doesn't lose anyting by tossing it up a bit surely?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit of a mow there from Punter. Decided it's all a bit too easy, obviously.

EDIT: Whilst this is painful, can console myself that at least we haven't had to enjoy Hughes for the last 140+ runs. Been solid, watchful, proper batting. Grudging respect and all that.

Last edited: