• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Andre

International Regular
Bopara lookng like he has the ability to bat ugly without throwing his wicket away. Sign of a potentially very good Test cricketer.

KP might slash at Johnson here.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, finally out of my meeting. Not great that we've lost two wickets, but not a disaster either. Have the commentators mentioned what kind of figure they think is a decent score?

I was very surprised to see Hilfenhaus instead of Clark, I thought with Lee out the Aussies would want some experience in their attack. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bopara and Johnson putting in real curate's-egg performances this session. And Pietersen doing his usual job of taking-on fielders and beating them when he has precious little right to do.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's a shame that Ravi will have to play himself in all over again, let's hope he settles quicker after lunch (if he's still there, obv)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was very surprised to see Hilfenhaus instead of Clark, I thought with Lee out the Aussies would want some experience in their attack. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
Hilfenhaus so far much the best of the bowlers. Sometimes even the crass errors pay dividends.

(Unless obviously Clark truly was obviously below the required fitness)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been a fashion at English cricket for at least 12-13 years TBH.
Fixed.

Pietersen like a cat on a hot tin roof here. IMO this means either:
- gets out quickly; or
- scores a fast ton.

Johnson switches back to the end where he's had no rhythm, having taken a wicket at t'other end. Oh well.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Bopara lookng like he has the ability to bat ugly without throwing his wicket away. Sign of a potentially very good Test cricketer.

KP might slash at Johnson here.
I won't exactly call it ability, he is just lucky to be still out there, on any other day he might got out a few times by now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
5 no-balls already and still 10 minutes to go until the end of the opening session.

If every Test were to go to five full days that'd make a projected no-ball total of 375, which would comfortably outdo the 222 bowled in 2005.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pietersen like a cat on a hot tin roof here. IMO this means either:
- gets out quickly; or
- scores a fast ton.
Bopara finally gooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee. Bopara and Johnson's curate's-egg of a session finishes off just like that.