• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
a. Clark is out of favour

b. Oz selectors are fwits
:laugh:

Think you hit the nail on the head. It beats me how Clark is out of favour, but Lee was considered by some to be an automatic selection before he'd bowled a ball. Both of them had periods of poor form due to injury before being out for some time. Before that Clark was the better bowler for a more consistent period.

Scaly piscine

Just love how Strauss says it wasn't a hard decision to pick Donkey Panesar ahead of Onions. Yea I mean it's obviously straight forward choice deciding between a ****ing liability in the field and with the bat who takes wickets at over 50 in county cricket division 2 for the past 12 months. Compared to a guy who destroyed West Indies and has 40 wickets at 13 in division 1 this season. Only problem is England got it completely ****ing wrong.

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Anderson > Hilfenhaus
Broad < Johnson
Flintoff > Siddle
Swann > Hauritz
Panesar > North / Katich / Clarke

On the other hand, from a batting perspective:

Prior = North
Flintoff < Haddin
Broad < Johnson

The Aussies are going to have to hope their deeper batting compensates for fielding what looks like a pretty filthy bowling attack.

pup11

International Coach
Strauss wins the toss and bats.
Big disadvantage this for Australia, if the pitch turns like it is expected to, then England could be calling the shots in this game, considering England put up a substantial 1st innings total on the board.

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Just love how Strauss says it wasn't a hard decision to pick Donkey Panesar ahead of Onions. Yea I mean it's obviously straight forward choice deciding between a ****ing liability in the field and with the bat who takes wickets at over 50 in county cricket division 2 for the past 12 months. Compared to a guy who destroyed West Indies and has 40 wickets at 13 in division 1 this season. Only problem is England got it completely ****ing wrong.
Agreed. Even with the Aussies' comparative ineptitude against spin, Panesar shouldn't be in the side.

social

When you look at how Cardiff has played, Panesar's form, the weather, etc it's nothing more than a massive hail mary that's been thrown by the English selectors

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Genuinely shocked at the sides chosen, must be said.

Hmmm, let's see how this goes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sheesh I hope the opening over contains something as nondescript as possible. Just so's we don't have to put-up with yet more "the first over set the tone" nonsense.

Now this anthems nonsense. Whose idea was it to have these at cricket matches. 8-)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Johnson and Hilfenhaus to share the new ball yeah?

Hilf has to open the bowling.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Scaly to land a Fleet Street position before the series is up.

In other news, **** you Hilditch. Way to impersonate Trevor Hohns when your biggest selling point after his exit was not being him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Genuinely shocked at the sides chosen, must be said.
I'd be more surprised if they'd picked the best possible combo.

And I love how the British national anthem of GSTQ still counts as English. Why couldn't someone have arranged for LOHAG to be added to the Welsh anthem?