• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In Oz, they are saying Hilf looks like playing ahead of Clark.
I hope that's not true. Nothing against Hilfy, especially if he takes 5, but I'd prefer to see Clark in there as I rate him more of a chance of causing problems.

Son Of Coco

I've only played there once, back in 2003, and the fact that we were bowled-out for 46 batting first meant I didn't have much chance to admire the pavilion. :mellow:
That was the year after I played there. We bowled them out for 65 so we didn't hang around for long either :happy: But I do have some shots of the ground and it was nice.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Coverage beginning on SBS! :)

Just got my law results, and did pretty good. Now get to watch the Ashes.

Life is good :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Winning the toss and batting should be one advantage, apparently it does look like there'll be some of the anticipated turn. But both teams disadvantage themselves, England by playing MSP ahead of Onions; Australia by having Hauritz and Hilfenhaus ahead of Clark.

Stapel

International Regular
I'll believe all these nonsenses (Clark dropped for Hilfenhaus, MSP playing ahead of Onions, etc.) when we've actually got confirmation.
Confirmed!
Now then, if Aus pick Hauritz and Eng pick two spinners, the waiting is for a pitch doesn't take spin at all.........

Oh, England will bat!

Jarquis

Cricinfo says :

England bat, Clark left out.

So Richard can believe all those nonsenses now?

inbox24

International Debutant
I feel like the SBS HD channel's coverage is not true HD but rather just ported from the SBS SD.

pasag

RTDAS
Coverage beginning on SBS! :)

Just got my law results, and did pretty good. Now get to watch the Ashes.

Life is good :D
Congrats! Dont get mine for another 10 days :(

Honestly happy we're not batting first, would be too nervous to watch.

pup11

International Coach
Good Lord, what the **** is wrong with these Australian selectors, picking Hilfenhaus over Clark is just so ****ing lame, why can't they pick a single test XI without making such shocking selections, though the only logic that I can see behind this is that, they think Clark might be a bit of a risk because of him coming back after a long injury lay-off.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha unbelievable selections. Why the **** is Hilfenhaus playing?
The only remotely plausible reasons are that there's unlikely to be much in the pitch for seam so Clark, the seamer, is excluded for Hilfenhaus, the swinger, who doesn't need the pitch to get it to do what he does.

Only thing is, Hilfenhaus couldn't make batsmen play in SA; Clark generally can.