• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Few rumours floating around on a 'pool board (I haven't seen them on any of the Football sites I read yet though) about a potential bid for Moutinho and/or Veloso from Sporting. I'm assuming they're part of the usual transfer period hype, but out of interest has anyone seen much/any of them playing? If so, do they have what it takes to be successful in the prem?

Agent TBY

International Captain
Me too. Meant Liverpool finished second. :)
Yes, Torres doing all that was the reason Liverpool didn't win the Prem.

:facepalm:

Few rumours floating around on a 'pool board (I haven't seen them on any of the Football sites I read yet though) about a potential bid for Moutinho and/or Veloso from Sporting. I'm assuming they're part of the usual transfer period hype, but out of interest has anyone seen much/any of them playing? If so, do they have what it takes to be successful in the prem?
Veloso is a beast and shouldn't have much trouble adapting. Moutinho is a lot less likely to. He's still young and developing, though, so you never know.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Veloso was exceptionally highly rated but seems to have regressed over the past year or two - he was being tracked by just about every big club in Europe 18 months ago and yet last I heard he was being chased by Bolton for around £6m.

Moutinho is absolute class - there have been rumours of Sporting offering United him PLUS cash for Nani (insert amusing snapping hand off pic here) though how true they are is open to question. My one concern would be his adapting to the Premier League, because he's just a slip of a lad. The talent is there though, no question.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Often a ploy to milk cash, though.

"Yeah, look, we've contracted this chap until 2018, so you really need to fork out if you want him"
I could understand that if they hadn't paid 15m Euro to do it - seems a risky move to pay that much for a player and then even consider selling him immediately. I reckon signing Gourcuff is a non-starter, for this season at least.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The Obertan move is a strange one - I've seen very little of him, know he's highly rated in France but hasn't exactly set the world alight since making his debut a few years back. Very little goal threat and was actually loaned out last season because he wasn't getting into the Bordeaux side.

Will reserve judgement til I've seen more of him. And try to block out the voices in my head screaming DAVID BELLION over and over again.

Craig

World Traveller
The Obertan move is a strange one - I've seen very little of him, know he's highly rated in France but hasn't exactly set the world alight since making his debut a few years back. Very little goal threat and was actually loaned out last season because he wasn't getting into the Bordeaux side.

Will reserve judgement til I've seen more of him. And try to block out the voices in my head screaming DAVID BELLION over and over again.
I'm always skeptical about L'Equipe.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sriram it would be, aussie has made an excellent point here, it's not fair for you to be so harsh in your critique of such a great guy.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Sriram it would be, aussie has made an excellent point here, it's not fair for you to be so harsh in your critique of such a great guy.
You're right, I should apologise.

Been playing left-back for a period, hasn't he? Would make the "Cashley to Real" rumours far more likely to bear fruit.
Feel he's wasted at left-back, tbh. He's ridiculously fast and would give nearly every Prem right-back lots of trouble, so he really should be playing winger.

They're better off keeping Cashley and shipping Malouda off, though I'd assume Joe Cole's more likely to be in a bit of a fix here.

Last edited: