• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I never said that was the case. It was just the useless comment really. It's like comparing him to Shola Ameobi and Keith Andrews. Totally wrong. I just agree with the scouts and Ferguson who've watched him intently that he could do a good job as he attributes that indicate that as well as putting in good performances against Man Utd.
And this is why uppercuts opinion is rubbish?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I should value this opinion on football more than a team of scouts and one of the best managers ever.

It is fact that Ronaldo and Messi are two of the best players in the world. Along with Kaka they are the 3 best. Look it up.

Tony Adams' managerial record is comparable to some of the worst managers so hence it's quite safe to say he is not a good manager at this point.

Torres' goalscoring is comparable at this stage of his career to worldwide acknowledged good forwards.

Valencia has been acknowledged by Steve Bruce and Ferguson who've seen much more of him than all of us as a good player. So excuse me if I kindly disregard your opinions and wait for him to actually play season's worth of games for the club before calling him useless and worse than Park.
You're making the same arguments that were made when we signed David Bellion. Usually, when players look crap, it's because they're crap. Valencia looks a bit crap.

You may disregard my opinion all you like. I'm sure I'll live.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, what's with getting butthurt at the mere mention that Utd could've signed a player not good enough for the club? FFS, it was just his opinion.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep. He called Valencia useless and that's not true. If he wants to say he's a bad signing that's different as he could be right there.
Paha, i obviously didn't mean it literally. I'm sure he can carry drinks or something.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, thats not interesting, I couldn't give a crap about players adapting etc...

All I was saying is that scouts and football professionals are not always right!!! And hence, normal people outside of football are not always wrong!!!
With the sledg man here.

United losing Ronald & Tevez while having Giggs no longer able to play on the wing, needed an top-class replacement. Buying Valencia doesn't make sense ATS because, United already have Nani who hasn't stepped up yet. So you have two iffy wingers next season.

The likes of Ribery, Robben, Sneijder, Van der vart should have been the potential buy options. Unfortunately for various reasons none could be bought. So in an odd way United have been forced to sort of regroup & face the fact that i've always said. Regardless of the great history & financial strenght of the club, up here Manchester can't compare to Madrid & Milan as a city, the way how Benzema snubbed United for Madrid should be a massive eye-opener.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
You're making the same arguments that were made when we signed David Bellion. Usually, when players look crap, it's because they're crap. Valencia looks a bit crap.

You may disregard my opinion all you like. I'm sure I'll live.
And you had similar opinions about Evra and Vidic when they were doing awful on arrival? And was saying Fletcher should be out? Or were you opposite to those opinions? What about Carrick?

roseboy64

Heh, what's with getting butthurt at the mere mention that Utd could've signed a player not good enough for the club? FFS, it was just his opinion.
That's not what he said. He called him useless. Is he a good signing or bad one? I have no idea. I haven't criticised him saying he'll have no impact. More just suggesting he should wait until he actually plays before forming that opinion.

duffer

That's not what he said. He called him useless. Is he a good signing or bad one? I have no idea. I haven't criticised him saying he'll have no impact. More just suggesting he should wait until he actually plays before forming that opinion.
:laugh:

Put it into context. He was talking about him in the context of a Utd signing, and in that setting not being good enough to play for a team like Utd is more or less useless.

Fwiw, from what I've seen of the guy he has a bit of talent but only shows flashes of it and mixes the sublime with the ********. He also has one of the most punchable faces in the Premiership. Very much a latin Eboue imo.

roseboy64

With the sledg man here.

United losing Ronald & Tevez while having Giggs no longer able to play on the wing, needed an top-class replacement. Buying Valencia doesn't make sense ATS because, United already have Nani who hasn't stepped up yet. So you have two iffy wingers next season.

The likes of Ribery, Robben, Sneijder, Van der vart should have been the potential buy options. Unfortunately for various reasons none could be bought. So in an odd way United have been forced to sort of regroup & face the fact that i've always said. Regardless of the great history & financial strenght of the club, up here Manchester can't compare to Madrid & Milan as a city, the way how Benzema snubbed United for Madrid should be a massive eye-opener.
Ignoring that Benzema has been saying for a while now the he fancies Real Madrid, the part on bold is valid.

I don't care about top class signings as long as what is there works well. If another striker's not brought in, meh. It affords some youngsters the chance to make their mark. So what if the team doesn't win everything. It's more than good enough to win a couple trophies.

I didn't become a fan when the team was on top so if we do badly one year and only win one thing that's fine as long as the finances are ok. Statements of intent mean nothing without the success after it. You'd just be wasting money and winning nothing.

roseboy64

:laugh:

Put it into context. He was talking about him in the context of a Utd signing, and in that setting not being good enough to play for a team like Utd is more or less useless.

Fwiw, from what I've seen of the guy he has a bit of talent but only shows flashes of it and mixes the sublime with the ********. He also has one of the most punchable faces in the Premiership. Very much a latin Eboue imo.
I did put it into context. If you've seen his further comments they show that he thinks he's crap and thus useless. Nothing to do with him being a bad signing. Pure and simple he just thinks Valencia's an awful player which quite rightly is a ridiculous assessment.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ignoring that Benzema has been saying for a while now the he fancies Real Madrid, the part on bold is valid.

I don't care about top class signings as long as what is there works well. If another striker's not brought in, meh. It affords some youngsters the chance to make their mark. So what if the team doesn't win everything. It's more than good enough to win a couple trophies.

I didn't become a fan when the team was on top so if we do badly one year and only win one thing that's fine as long as the finances are ok. Statements of intent mean nothing without the success after it. You'd just be wasting money and winning nothing.
Imo finishing in the top 3 in the premiership = top, and that is my factual opinion btw, and so anything else is rubbish.

duffer

Pure and simple he just thinks Valencia's an awful player which quite rightly is a ridiculous assessment.
That's his opinion and I'm sure it's based on seeing him play for Wigan. Not sure how you can be so dismissive of it even if you disagree.

roseboy64

Imo finishing in the top 3 in the premiership = top, and that is my factual opinion btw, and so anything else is rubbish.
Actually finishing first is being on top. Finishing in the top 3 being 15 points behind the winners and getting knocked out of the Champions League at first knockout stage does not equal being on top. Doing that while winning the FA Cup shows that the team is a top club but not best.

roseboy64

That's his opinion and I'm sure it's based on seeing him play for Wigan. Not sure how you can be so dismissive of it even if you disagree.
Having seen Valencia play for a couple years now do you think he's awful?

duffer

I think he's a ridiculously frustrating player who is too erratic for a big club to be at a big club.