• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dean Ashton (maybe) off to Stoke. The only sticky point is his 65,000 grand a week wage demands. :mellow:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Alonso was their best player last season by some distance. Losing his poise and control in midfield would kill them, especially as they've only got (ugh) Lucas to step in for him. Alonso controls tempo, dictates play and runs his legs off every game.

Last season was his breakout in the Premier League, it would be absolute insanity for Liverpool to let him go now. Ironically, Benitez's spastic crusade to replace him with Barry last season may be the catalyst for his move away now.
Yeah. Guys like Carrick and Alonso get passed over and not noticed if you're not paying attention. Hence why Messi got more hype than Xavi and Iniesta until recently.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We couldn't even afford Kevin Davies. :laugh:

He was a bit of 'Charlie' (sniff) when he was last at Rovers...
Of all the drugs I could've imagined Davies on the old Bolivian marching powder was somewhere near the bottom with the bulk of him.

Horrible business from Rovers tho, regardless. Bought him for £7m & punted him back to whence he came for £1m if memory serves. & that's when £7m was still a lot of money. :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Of all the drugs I could've imagined Davies on the old Bolivian marching powder was somewhere near the bottom with the bulk of him.

Horrible business from Rovers tho, regardless. Bought him for £7m & punted him back to whence he came for £1m if memory serves. & that's when £7m was still a lot of money. :p
He went to hospital (late one night), the club stated he was seriously ill (no more than that) and was never heard from again for the rest of season.

He had a mild Joost van der Westhuizen...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Exeter have signed Scott Golbourne from Reading.

Any views on him from our Reading Correspondent:)

S Chanderpaul

U19 Vice-Captain
Last season was his breakout in the Premier League, it would be absolute insanity for Liverpool to let him go now. Ironically, Benitez's spastic crusade to replace him with Barry last season may be the catalyst for his move away now.
If you'd watched Alonso the two season's before last then you'd clearly understand why Rafa wanted to get rid. He will stay anyway imo. He is a proud Basque so I'm not sure why he'd want to go play for Franco's team.

fredfertang

Exeter have signed Scott Golbourne from Reading.

Any views on him from our Reading Correspondent:)
Don't know much about him tbh - only started a couple of times - certainly was highly thought of at Bristol City where we got him from and great things were expected though i don't believe he pulled up any trees in his various loan spells away

He's a left back which, given there's a worrying rumour going round that the current incumbent, Chris Armstrong, has been diagnosed with MS, means I'm slightly surprised he's going - clearly we don't think too much of him but perhaps he's been treated shabbily

Hope you've got a bargain!

grecian

Don't know much about him tbh - only started a couple of times - certainly was highly thought of at Bristol City where we got him from and great things were expected though i don't believe he pulled up any trees in his various loan spells away

He's a left back which, given there's a worrying rumour going round that the current incumbent, Chris Armstrong, has been diagnosed with MS, means I'm slightly surprised he's going - clearly we don't think too much of him but perhaps he's been treated shabbily

Hope you've got a bargain!
Ahhh thanks, Tis will make him into a star. We probably need another left-sided player after Moxeys departure, so he may not be first-choice....

grecian

More possible bull**** alert from Talk****e.

According to them Man U are in talks with Michael Owen:wacko:

Please let it be true:laugh: