• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can Blackburn afford to pay him 100k a week like he wants (and has probably earned, tbf)?

Doubt it.
Yeah, would be skeptical even if Allardyce wasn't a champion head of the old dick, but report has them as fairly flush after punting Santa Cruz and Derbyshire. Linky.

Allardyce in full-on up-himself **** mode too.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Meh, I reckon someone would nab him before he took on lower wages to play for Blackburn. I reckon Tottenham would be in for him with the ability to actually pay him what he wants and more opportunity.

Could see him moving on over to a retirement home in Milan, though.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The French media came out a few hours ago claiming that his agent had confirmed that Real had agreed a deal of 35 million Euro and that the signing would be confirmed within days if not hours - Marca, Sky, goal.com et al all jumped on it.

But now Lyon have come out with this:

Football365.com - LYON: NO BENZEMA AGREEMENT - All The News - Football365 News

Anyone's guess what's going to happen here.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, didn't suspect it was too legit, posted it because it was said by one of Benz's teammates that he was sealed and delivered for United.

Craig

World Traveller
Well a player's agent is hardly credible. If such a deal happened then Real would of spent €250,000m on players since Perez came back.

I can't believe Citeh are prepared to offer Eto'o £250k a week! According to soccernet that is.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Well a player's agent is hardly credible. If such a deal happened then Real would of spent €250,000m on players since Perez came back.
Two hundred and fifty thousand million euros? Holy crap that's a lot of money.

chalky

International Debutant
Sky are reporting that Lyon have agreed a £30 million deal with Real Madrid for Benzema

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still no signings for the whites and it looks like Jennings is off to Motherwell :(

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yep, done deal. That's £180m on four players in less than a month - phenomenal.
Safe to say Real are going to win absolutely everything next season with the signings they're making.

Goodness knows where Man Utd are going to score goals from now. Chelsea for the title with Liverpool runners up is my pick for next season with the Hammers finishing 6th :)

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Though Real are ultimately very impressive, I would still say they lack the depth of other teams, and they lack a defence of any decency, so how everything pans out will be rather interesting to watch.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
And not one of them a defender.....hmmm
Albiol is, to be fair, though defence doesn't seem to glamorous enough for them to care too much about it.

Safe to say Real are going to win absolutely everything next season with the signings they're making.

Goodness knows where Man Utd are going to score goals from now. Chelsea for the title with Liverpool runners up is my pick for next season with the Hammers finishing 6th :)
I'd still have my money on Barca at this point - I don't think all these big names will instantly guarantee success. Fitting them all in as a team is going to be a hell of an ask I reckon.

United will be all right (but I would say that) - we'll miss Ronnie, and Tevez to a lesser extent - but I think we'll see the true making of Rooney next season as he's unleashed in a more central role. And I am, perhaps naively, backing Berbatov to have an influential season too.

A big, exciting signing would still be nice though.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Though Real are ultimately very impressive, I would still say they lack the depth of other teams, and they lack a defence of any decency, so how everything pans out will be rather interesting to watch.
Plenty more time yet in the transfer market. They'll probably spend another 100 million signing a heap of defenders now :mellow:

United will be all right (but I would say that) - we'll miss Ronnie, and Tevez to a lesser extent - but I think we'll see the true making of Rooney next season as he's unleashed in a more central role. And I am, perhaps naively, backing Berbatov to have an influential season too.

A big, exciting signing would still be nice though.
The thing is, you can't replace Ronaldo and Tevez with just Valencia and expect to have the same success as last season. Can you?

Liverpool have kept their full squad in tact as have Chelsea (I think?), so they'll likely remain the same or even improve. Same can't be said for Man Utd, it's like Liverpool losing Torres for me. Liverpool lose him and they're gone, same with Ronaldo with Man Utd IMO. Rooney's a great player, but he's not in the same class as Ronaldo and is never going to score the amount of goals Ronaldo did the past few seasons. Also, who's going to take free-kicks and corners for Man Utd now too?

It's early days, but the days of Man Utd controlling the EPL is coming to an end I feel.

Craig

World Traveller
Klass-Jan Huntelaar must be wondering what he did wrong, because he has been at the club for 6 months after his £20m move from Ajax and now he is seemingly on the scrape heap. Apparently he is available on loan.

Jimenez joins Hammers

Should be a decent get for them.