• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Craig

World Traveller
:laugh:

I read a webchat when the takeover happened where they appeased Rangers fans by saying that it would be Liverpool subsidising their purchase costs as opposed to Texas and Montreal fans. Wouldn't trust either of these ****s with a fiver.

Also Diaby hiring a personal trainer to improve his readiness for next season.

Instead of spending his holiday on the beach, Arsenal’s Abou Diaby is working on his fitness with famous French personal trainer Renaud Longuevre.

The Gunners midfielder has opted against resting this summer, as he wants to gain muscle power and reach the next level, Longuevre has revealed.

So he needs a months training to reach the next level, which is the level he should have been playing at for the past few years. Sums up what i hate about him, so much talent such a lazy waster. All these rumours of bringing more midfielders has scared him ****less. Make or break season for him, wouldn't shed any tears if we tried to flog him off but he'll probably stay, has the talent but with his attitude doesn't deserve to play at a club as good as Arsenal. Hope we sign Melo or whoever anyway.
Wouldn't that be a case of him realising that and now is going to turn things around and trainer harder? I would see that as a good thing.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
A couple of big (though expected) transfers going through in the past 24 hours:

- RSC confirmed to City for a fee of approaching £18m.

- Glen Johnson to Liverpool (who he apparently chose over Chelsea and City) for £17.5m.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, you Brits are yet to endure the wonders that a certain ESPN commentator by the name of Tommy Smyth will bring into your homes next season. I've read a lot of stuff about how bad Gray, Crooks, Redknapp are but this guy is a whole new level of ****ery.

Now you'll know how the rest of the world feels when watching Champions League or La Liga on ESPN.

duffer

Wouldn't that be a case of him realising that and now is going to turn things around and trainer harder? I would see that as a good thing.
Just found it telling that the threat of being shown the exit door rather than being at one of the biggest clubs in Europe for 4 seasons is what made the penny drop for him.

On second thoughts I hope we don't sell him or Kolo because for too long we've been selling and replacing rather than expanding the squad. As long as we get a midfielder or two then they can all stay (Silvestre excepted).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
ESPN slowly taking over the whole world not worrying you?
TBF I already pay £37 a month to Sky (subsidiary of News Corp/Fox/Rupe Murdoch/corporate embodiment of the essence of evil) so would be a tad hypocritical to get all anti-globalisation at this stage of proceedings.

Not to mention using IE to browse web whilst drinking a Diet Coke as I type, etc.

Nah, it's the solely one-eyed standpoint of possibly having more sport back on my satellite package that I don't have to pay over and above the aforementioned £37 for.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is ESPN on Sky Sports? I know the classic is, never bothered to find another channel.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Heh, you Brits are yet to endure the wonders that a certain ESPN commentator by the name of Tommy Smyth will bring into your homes next season. I've read a lot of stuff about how bad Gray, Crooks, Redknapp are but this guy is a whole new level of ****ery.

Now you'll know how the rest of the world feels when watching Champions League or La Liga on ESPN.
Would imagine ESPN will probably get their own UK comms in. Sultana lot are obviously going to be seeking alternative employment v soon.

Gray's ok ftr; style can grate but actually knows the game and not afraid to voice an opinion. Crooks is interminable however & Redknapp is, well, not good. In fact he's horrible. Can only imagine he's been brought onto Sky to appeal to ladies/pooves.

duffer

Would imagine ESPN will probably get their own UK comms in. Sultana lot are obviously going to be seeking alternative employment v soon.
Hope you're right but from my experience of ESPN(at least in Australia and India) thus far they seem to do everything from the States just with whatever local feed they can get their hands onto. This includes studio, commentary etc etc.

Only real local content we get here is an Aussie version of Sportscenter and the odd entertainment program(Pardon the Interruption etc).

If that's the case you might as well perma mute your TV during matches. They are utterly ****.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Something someone posted at another forum I go to...

Oh yes, technically old news but I forgot to mention it earlier. Everton are opening a shop in the new Liverpool One shopping centre in Liverpool city centre. It's name? Everton Two. It's address will read Everton Two, Liverpool One.
Quality. Don't know if anyone mentioned it here.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
After just checking, 'twould appear not as such. There's ESPN America (Sky channel 417) & ESPN Classic (442), but a renaming would soon solve that.
According to the Beeb there will be a new channel which you'll have to pay extra for...so pretty much like setanta then without IPL, NRL, AFL etc.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
According to the Beeb there will be a new channel which you'll have to pay extra for...so pretty much like setanta then without IPL, NRL, AFL etc.
Fecking Diznee cants. :@

Sorta expected it. Least England away will be on ITV now, so there's a small crumb.

If Sultana fold and/or go free to air might get to see the others too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member

Haa...have heard Tommy Smyth before, funny man.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Really hope Owen doesn't end up going to Hull. They could very well & have the season Newcastle had, damn yo why r clubs behaving like he is some outcast...

grecian

Hull is much too good for Owen, and his busted-flushness, and Hull are ****ing ****e.

Not going to pay extra for the new channel, most times with Setanta I was listening on the radio and watching other sports anyway, Saturday being big on cricket and golf. Monday nights footie in England never felt right and they were only crap matches, most times anyway.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Really hope Owen doesn't end up going to Hull. They could very well & have the season Newcastle had, damn yo why r clubs behaving like he is some outcast...
It's mainly because of his own intransigence regarding his contract, from what I've read. He wants:

a) Big signing on fee;
b) Large weekly salary;
c) Flat rate rather than pay to play

Given he's played precisely 7 games in the last 4 years you can see why teams might be loth to take a chance on a player deemed worse than a fat Australian and a one-legged Nigerian by one of his closest chums.