• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just pulled him if you're interested, listed for $0 too.

So are you going completely bot or are you going to do a bobisback and buy a few guns with all the money you'll make from selling your good players and see how they go, not really spending much time on it? Should do that, imo

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

So are you going completely bot or are you going to do a bobisback and buy a few guns with all the money you'll make from selling your good players and see how they go, not really spending much time on it? Should do that, imo
Chris sold those NAT's as well tbh. Not quite sure what he's doing now though.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man

I did that last time and managed to promote for the first time. I might buy an all rounder trainee or something but I doubt it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Listed my players today. My team is Male Models if nobody remembers. A couple of them are crap, about five of them are pretty decent though, Hussein is a gun.
Put a bid on Hussein, will bid for him right up until the point where I'm swamped in a stampede past the 3.5-4 million mark :happy:

Son Of Coco

What a week it's been for Coco's Nuts. Against two top quality teams, one of which was a bot and the other a Div 6 team in the cup, I managed to chase down totals of 25 and 13 respectively. MOM in the first was Duncan with a score of 15*, and in the second Green with 9*. Given bowlers took 4 wickets in each of the matches its an accurate reflection of how valuable those wickets were.

Have a better match this week though against Haffy CC who are undoubtedly still pissed off about losing at Coco's Nuts CG a few weeks back chasing 143 for a win. It's a battle of three decent Nut's bowlers vs a top order that has two decent openers and one bat in the middle order split by a very ordinary number 3. Who will prevail? It's one of 4 'big' matches in this season's OD schedule, with the remaining matches being taken up by one-sided affairs against bots where I'd like to win 90% of the tosses so I don't have to chase down 20 and be finished by 10:30am.

On a positive note though, just pulled this bloke from the academy...what a gem! Will be a useful fill-in against the bots and in FC I guess when I want to give the adults a rest. By useful I mean he's alive.

Warren Clunnie (2576976)
Warren is a RH Batsman and RM Bowler. He is a defensive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: Coco's Nuts
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 2,908
Wages: £385 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Last edited:

andyc

Cause everyone else is, my full strength atm, fitness aside:

Code:
Burger	  23	  sensational/sensational		
Hurren	  21	  superb/strong		
Terry	  25	  sensational/masterful	            exceptional WK	
Tedstone 27	  strong/proficient	            quality/proficient	LS
Canning	  27	  wonderful/wonderful	            exquisite/exquisite	RFM
Griffin	  29	  superb/competent		
Hamilton 19	  strong/strong	                    quality/strong	RFM
Kilkenny 27	  proficient/mediocre		
Farmer	  26	  proficient/mediocre		
Nizamuddin 20	  worthless/proficient	            remarkable/wonderful RF
Potgieter 24	  worthless/respectable	            exquisite/masterful	RM
Clearly more of a bowling side atm. Only major training atm is Hamilton and Nizamuddin, but really need to pick up a batsman soon.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FWIW my side:

3. Quintin* (26yo) rem/sup AT bat
23. Cramer (20yo) wond/str DS bat
2. Lucas (25yo) exc/exc CS bat
8. Muralitharan (26yo) exc/exc DF bat & exc/exc DF LHS
7. Clayton+ (27yo) qual/rep ST bat, sup wk
4. Ellis (27yo) qual/prof DF bat
1. Samarasekera (19yo) qual/comp ST bat & qual/str ST RF
20. Tomlinson (31yo) str/comp
6. Sishayi (25yo) exc/exc DS LHS
22. Jeithoon (25yo) elite/elite(+1) DF LFM
10. Willetts (26yo) rem/prof AT RM

The side starting to get quite old but I decide last season not to worry about rebuilding and just let these guys play to the end. Main focus is on Sama and Cramer. Will add in a new batting trainee once I've sorted the stamina for those two and Sama secondaries. Would like to train him as keeper as well to replace Clayton, but doubt I will have the nets.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
Dylan	  	25	  exquisite/exceptional		
Keane	  	24	  exquisite/remarkable		
Campbell	20	  wonderful/superb	            	remarkable WK	
Daly 		18	  proficient/respectable	            
Shaka	  	25	  miraculous/wonderful	           	phenomenal/exceptional	LM
De Beer	  	31	  respectable/mediocre		
Mccammon 	18	  proficient/proficient	                proficient/proficient	RFM
Herd 		31	  competent/proficient
Lambert	 	25	  competent/feeble			sensational/exceptional LM
Holt 		24	  woeful/mediocre	            	masterful/wonderful RF
Hyde 		21	  worthless/superb	            	exceptional/wonderful RHS
Hitting their prime, just need some batting depth.

PY

International Coach
Code:
Name			BT	Age	Bat		Bowl
Kahapalaarachchi	87,603	21	Exq/rem		(WK Exc)
Chanderpaul		46,401	28	Exc/qua
Clemence 		236,162	29	Sup/elite	Rem/elite
Moodley 		49,881	27	Exc/wond
Taylor 			89,319	24	Mast/sens
Brush 			182,677	21	Exc/exc		Exc/phen
Kanive 			32,461	20	Wond/str
Xolani 			30,171	20	Wond/prof
Harris (*) 		79,154	26			Exq/sens
Croft 			70,450	27			Mast/exc
Ferrell 		92,374	24			Exq/exq
Looking OK, going to have to have a sale soon and get rid of the 28/29 yo guys...got the two trainees to step up when required so things won't be too desperate. Clemence is the main person to sell this season.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Won my cup match today, against a bot. Made 331, with my keeper who I just put up for transfer listing due to his usual direness and poor batting, made 122 off 110, and gunned it with the gloves too. Bowled them out for 80, thanks to 4/8 from one of my 3 spinners, and everyone else chipping in.

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey just wondering I have this Young gun made his Debut today In a cup match he made 120 and he is 17 only go him yesterday gave him 5 nets and my question (Is how long does it usally take till they go up in levels.)

andyc

Hey just wondering I have this Young gun made his Debut today In a cup match he made 120 and he is 17 only go him yesterday gave him 5 nets and my question (Is how long does it usally take till they go up in levels.)
Well training updates only happen on Saturdays, so don't expect anything to happen between now and then. It depends what nets you have him on; I can tell you that having 5 nets on a player is pretty wasteful, unless you're training an allrounder. And with 5 nets, he's going to have no fitness and so won't be able to keep scoring centuries for you for a while.

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well training updates only happen on Saturdays, so don't expect anything to happen between now and then. It depends what nets you have him on; I can tell you that having 5 nets on a player is pretty wasteful, unless you're training an allrounder. And with 5 nets, he's going to have no fitness and so won't be able to keep scoring centuries for you for a while.
I have in a couple of stamina ad fielding nets.Also he Is in there batting

andyc

TBH, I'm somewhat out of the loop with training times, but take a look at a site like this (found from the Links section on the actual Battrick site). Basically, AFAIK, any more than two nets on a primary skill (batting/bowling/keeping) is a waste, as the advantage gained by adding another really isn't that much. If you're looking at creating yourself a national player, three nets might be plausible, but given that you seem new to the game, getting a nat player shouldn't be high on your list of priorities. If he is a gun that will be in your team for years to come, I'd probably just recommend two bat, a fielding and a stamina.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Will that mean that on Saturday everyone in your nets will improve or pop?

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
That's the idea. Obviously you may not see pops everyweek but your players are improving. Should take a look at the PFL hits caused by nets too if you're not aware of it already.