• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Sorry to sound a bit impatient

But can somebody help me with my div 4 question a couple of pages back? I'll say it again now.

What kind of team ( players skills ) would I need to hold my spot in DIV 4, aus OD. ?

thankss :)
I'm just hanging in there with 2 mast/mast, 1 sens/sens, 1 strong/comp and 1 resp/comp bowlers. 1 exquisite/masterful, 1 sens/except bat and the rest ranging between resp and strong batting.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I'm just hanging in there with 2 mast/mast, 1 sens/sens, 1 strong/comp and 1 resp/comp bowlers. 1 exquisite/masterful, 1 sens/except bat and the rest ranging between resp and strong batting.
Thats a pretty gun team, and your only hanging in there.., are you in AUS, or Eng? div 4 od?

how do you reckon a team full of remarkables, and maybe 1 or 2 wondefuls would go?

NZTailender

Thats a pretty gun team, and your only hanging in there.., are you in AUS, or Eng? div 4 od?

how do you reckon a team full of remarkables, and maybe 1 or 2 wondefuls would go?
Aus Division 4 OD. My teams good enough to finish about 5/6 overall but gets whooped by the top 4 for the most part. We basically have 5 rather good players who get us by.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I find Jakester telling us how to play the game humorous. Anyway.

It depends on your league. If you get a tough league, you'll need a seriously good side to keep yourself afloat. But there's some seriously suss Div.IV's out there and if you snag an easy one it could be easy streets.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Aus Division 4 OD. My teams good enough to finish about 5/6 overall but gets whooped by the top 4 for the most part. We basically have 5 rather good players who get us by.
I find Jakester telling us how to play the game humorous. Anyway.

It depends on your league. If you get a tough league, you'll need a seriously good side to keep yourself afloat. But there's some seriously suss Div.IV's out there and if you snag an easy one it could be easy streets.
Thanks guys, I'll be aiming for remarkables now.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
End of Over 34: 171-2, runrate=5.03
Hawes 7-0-40-0
Edworthy* 79 (91 balls)
Ballard 75 (90 balls)
Last Wicket: Uys b. Bennie 6 (FOW: 47/2)

These guys finished a place above me last season so I'm looking for at least a competative game. We started off good but we're really in need of a wicket now!

NZTailender

If I were you I wouldn't stop training guys at remarkable. They'll be useless above Div.IV and even then they're only decent, not stars.
Yeah this is about correct. Remarkable is probably the level you want your non-trainees (i.e. guys you've bought or had at the club since starting the game) to be at for Div 4. I'm slowly in the process of swapping out all my players under remarkable.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I still have three batsmen quality and under, as well a quality all rounder (he is 19). It about balance really, there no real true formula for what are the min levels and max levels. Target four elites and do what it takes to get there.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
If I were you I wouldn't stop training guys at remarkable. They'll be useless above Div.IV and even then they're only decent, not stars.
Yeah planing to train a couple to wonderful
Yeah this is about correct. Remarkable is probably the level you want your non-trainees (i.e. guys you've bought or had at the club since starting the game) to be at for Div 4. I'm slowly in the process of swapping out all my players under remarkable.

Yeah, I have two remarkables atm, they need a little bit of secondary traning, but that won't be hard seeing as there like 22, one 19yo AR who will be remarkable bowling soon enough, will defientely buy some players.

Is this trannie good? should I bother traning his wk? or just give him an extra batting net?

Thomas Jackman - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,489
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Indeed. I'd go as far as saying that, to have your team progress, you'll need to set up some trainees NOW who'll go to Exceptional+ as they mature.

Two bowlers, minimum. Surround them with a core of Remarkables, and you'll do alright.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Is this trannie good? should I bother traning his wk? or just give him an extra batting net?

Thomas Jackman - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,489
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
That's a pretty damn fine-looking trannie you've got there ;)

What's your current WK like? I think the general consensus is that Remarkable WK is all you need...while you could get there starting from woeful, I wouldn't bother.

DEFINITELY two batting nets plus fielding and stamina (rotating if you haven't got that many spare nets), until he's 19, then drop to the one batting net and he'll progress nicely up to an Exceptional 20yo, Sensational+ at 21. Which would be nice.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Menzies 9 1 39 8

In my OD game. Clearly fake, given his contemporary only got 1 wicket, and nearly all came at the death

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
That's a pretty damn fine-looking trannie you've got there ;)

What's your current WK like? I think the general consensus is that Remarkable WK is all you need...while you could get there starting from woeful, I wouldn't bother.

DEFINITELY two batting nets plus fielding and stamina (rotating if you haven't got that many spare nets), until he's 19, then drop to the one batting net and he'll progress nicely up to an Exceptional 20yo, Sensational+ at 21. Which would be nice.

Yeah, I got him for 1.3 mil

My current WK is **** as.

Sattar Govender - 24 yo, BT Rating=5,885
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and respectable experience.
He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless

Yeah, I think I'll go 2 batting nets, 1 field, and 1 stam on Jackman, the rest of my nets are on my trannie AR, I'd rather just save up and buy a good wicket keeper batsmen

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, I think I'll go 2 batting nets, 1 field, and 1 stam on Jackman, the rest of my nets are on my trannie AR, I'd rather just save up and buy a good wicket keeper batsmen
I'd be inclined to train one up, once you've got some free nets -- with both batting and WK nets, you can afford to take a cheap trainee with poor conc, e.g. high Competent WK and batting, Mediocre or even Feeble conc, and end up with a nicely balanced player.

If you've got the space in your batting lineup (i.e. have a filler or two), consider replacing one with a young Superb WK without much batting -- should be pretty cheap, and you won't lose much when you sell him on.

headhunter

End of Over 50: 295-6, runrate=5.90
Durno 10-0-60-1
Bashir* 134 (128 balls)
7 (6 balls)

49.6 4 Durno to Ross
That's a clever shot by Ross... and it's gone for four.
49.5 1 Durno to Bashir
Bashir was given some width there but he didn't take full advantage. They jog through for the single and he practices the shot again at the bowling end.
49.4 4 Durno to Bashir
The ball is looped up and Bashir pulls the ball away for four.
49.3 4 Durno to Bashir
Durno drops it short, Bashir hooks it to backward square leg for a one bounce four.
49.2 1 Durno to Ross
That's the way Ross, rotate the strike.
49.1 1 Durno to Bashir
Bashir has a Geronimo moment and screams his partner through for a single that's never there. Tselane scampers round at mid on, flings the ball at the stumps but misses by a mile.

What a victoy. My abysmal batting fast bowler hits 4 off the last ball to win :happy:

NZTailender

Indeed. I'd go as far as saying that, to have your team progress, you'll need to set up some trainees NOW who'll go to Exceptional+ as they mature.

Two bowlers, minimum. Surround them with a core of Remarkables, and you'll do alright.
Yeah my line up looks something like:

1. Drummond - comp/prof & med wk
2. Thomson - prof/abys
3. Dhindsa - exquis/mast
4. Wilberforce - sens/except
5. Siyabonga - superb/med
6. Alshaun - strong/comp
7. Weerappuli - strong/comp & strong/resp RM
8. Garrick - resp/comp RM
9. Gleeson - mast/mast RHS
10. Knowles - mast/mast RFM
11. Mills - sens/sens LFM

Bolded are still under training, italics have finished primary training. I have a strong 18yo bat trainee who I haven't put into the XI yet who will most likely replace Thomson. Openers usually fall quickly in my Div due to decent bowlers, so tend not to want to waste Dhindsa or Wilberforce there. Had a better 5th bowler than Garrick but buying him caused us to nearly go bankrupt so I had to sell him on.

There are 2 obvious holes I need to fix, one is a new keeper and the other a new bowler. Leaning towards a new keeper this week, though I tried for a bowler last week. Which reminds me, what is the best way to go for a keeper-bat, ITS wise?

headhunter

I'm a looooooooong way off IV so!

Fordham - superb/strong
Oakes - resp/fee
Britton - remarkable/master & wonder wk
Bashir - exc/wonder & wonder/wonder (RHS) (20yr old trainee)
Westcarr - strong/prof (18yr old trainee)
Khotso - resp/fee
Lay - med/res
Ross - superb/quality (RM)
Patton - superb/remarkable (RHS)
Hawes - res/med (RM)
Bennie - prof/med (RFM) (17yr old trainee)

Any quick fix advise? Especially for that batting line-up?