• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Majin

International Debutant
Got 300k for him in the end which I am pretty chuffed with, about 220k profit in that. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brackenhurst team is unofficially the strongest it has ever been. Pretty excited for this season. A little description -

Zia Burnip
Quality opening batsman. Has a fantastic opening record, but this season will test him.

Saeed Chawla
Exceptional opening batsman. The heart of our batting, needs to make a ton every match. Can send down some meds if required.

Gary Rendall
Strong batsman filling the number three spot nicely. Hopefully he can keep the partnerships going with Chawla.

Peter Hamlin
WAG. Wonderful batsman, is essentially Brackenhurst. Had an OD Average of something like 250 last season.

Liam Hector
Most recent addition to the club. Strong, experienced all-rounder. Destructive batsman aiming to hit a few out of the park.

Glenn Hunt (capt)
My new captain. Is also a destructive all-rounder, but a more effective bowler, being prof/sup. Alongside Hector, he will be hitting teh six0rs.

Brett Read
Lol Brett Read. Has been with the club since it started, bar some dark times... My proficient filler. Can field though, which is cool.

Liam Chotai
My main exceptional bowler, who can also hold a bat. Will need to run through some line-ups, and how.

Pete Bardle (wk)
Quality wicket-keeper. Is a comp/strong batsman, which in theory is handy at 9, but Bardle simply refuses to hit outside the circle.

Alex Manning
My destructive, strong trainee. Is only 18, but will hopefully grow into the role.

Dwayne Smart
My remarkable fast-bowler. WAG. Consistent and wicket-taking. Will need to support Chotai mos def.

Jakester1288

International Regular
WTF happened here?

The next day, I went from 2/86 and got bowled out for 172. Then I got put back in, and my gun opener, who I bought, but isn't really that good, made 95, and his partner made his way to 76, before both fell just before the day ended.

Currently 3/214, 40 odd runs ahead, so we are essentially 3/40 odd, with out best 2 batsmen already dismissed.
OMG!!! I went from 3/214 and bot bowled out for 237. FUUUUUUUUUU!

Jakester1288

International Regular
I'm that pissed. I was bidding my mate for a gun allrounder, trying to get him over 150k then not bidding, to get him to pay a ****load of money and be ****ed. Anyway, he was falling for it, then he makes a big bid, 150k. I should have stopped there, but my dickhead self went once more, now I'm paying 153k for an allrounder, and I'm already in debt, and I have 3-4 allrounders who are similar (but not as good). Oh well, I can hope someone will pick him up.

By the way, if anyone has lots of free cash, and wants him, he is below.

Hamid Ohalloran (360315)

Hamid is a RH Batsman and RH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and remarkable experience.

He currently has mediocre batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: quality
Fielding: feeble

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: quality
Trust me -- unless he's recently invested in a Stannah stairlift, he'll go for a shedload more than £150k.

Probably more like £1500k if he's young.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I'm hoping to make the push to Div 4 in a season or two, what kind of team and players do I need to stay in Div 4. Remarkable/quality? How much does the average, quality/quality, remark/remark, wonderful/wonderful cost on the TM. Would really appreciate the help
I will proberly be selling my players like this, who are good but probs not quite good enough for Div 4 and too old to train. how much would these guys usually go for?

Damian Adams - 29 yo, BT Rating=24,529
LH Batsman, LF Bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and exquisite experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: quality
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: respectable

Jack Davies - 21 yo, BT Rating=19,034
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with feeble leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Pete Newton - 20 yo, BT Rating=14,430
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a steady player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: proficient
Fielding: woeful

?

thanks guys :)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I think it's something like £2M upwards for a mid-20s Quality, £3M for Remarkable and £4M for Wonderful.

Add a million for early 20s, £2M for 19yos. Or something. Either way, they're not cheap!

You won't get too much for those players...

Adams. Getting on a bit...around £800k, I reckon.

Davies. At least £1M, £1.3M if you get lucky.

Newton. The Abysmal conc will put some people off. £1M perhaps?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I think it's something like £2M upwards for a mid-20s Quality, £3M for Remarkable and £4M for Wonderful.

Add a million for early 20s, £2M for 19yos. Or something. Either way, they're not cheap!

You won't get too much for those players...

Adams. Getting on a bit...around £800k, I reckon.

Davies. At least £1M, £1.3M if you get lucky.

Newton. The Abysmal conc will put some people off. £1M perhaps?
Okay thanks, I think Adams will go for atleast a mill. and newton is a bowler, didnt train him, just came with the resp batting.

Now what kind of team will I need to hold my spot in aus div 4. for OD. A team full of remarkables and qualities, with 1 or 2 wondeful + stars?

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
The players are off the field for tea.

End of Over 34 (1 runs). BEST Indies: 103-2, runrate=3.03 (1st Inn: 246-10)
Trail by 300 runs. (Battys 384-10 & 265-10)
Lovatt 8-1-14-0
Khotso* 13 (65 balls)
Britton 65 (66 balls)
Last Wicket: Fordham Run Out 22 (FOW: 40/2)

Looking to hold on here for the draw. Would be a fantastic result to kick off the season.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I think I'm going to let my team go bot, I've got a few decent players that I'll be listing for $0. Just thought I'd give you kids a bit of notice if you'd like to raise funds for one of them beforehand. A couple of them have slightly lopsided primaries, I haven't paid any attention to their training in recent seasons.

Jim Tarry (43032)

Jim is a RH Batsman and RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and masterful experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Plays For: Male Models
Nationality: Australia
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 109,251
Wages: £54,614 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: exquisite
Batting: superb Concentration: masterful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Processing ...

Eddie Dove (69164)

Eddie is a RH Batsman and RF Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and miraculous experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.
Battrick Rating: 105,223
Wages: £90,422 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: miraculous Concentration: exquisite
Fielding: abysmal
Processing ...

Grady Hussein (1878382)

Grady is a LH Batsman and LFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and respectable experience.

He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 83,907
Wages: £32,813 p/w
Batting: worthless Concentration: strong
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: strong

Shaka Petty (1875343)

Shaka is a LH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.

He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Battrick Rating: 38,630
Wages: £12,397 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: strong
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
Processing ...

Gavin Rich (1891583)

Gavin is a LH Batsman and LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Battrick Rating: 31,956
Wages: £13,677 p/w
Batting: wonderful Concentration: strong
Processing ...

I'll probably list them some time next week.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I think I'm going to let my team go bot, I've got a few decent players that I'll be listing for $0. Just thought I'd give you kids a bit of notice if you'd like to raise funds for one of them beforehand. A couple of them have slightly lopsided primaries, I haven't paid any attention to their training in recent seasons.

Jim Tarry (43032)

Jim is a RH Batsman and RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and masterful experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 109,251
Wages: £54,614 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: exquisite
Batting: superb Concentration: masterful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Processing ...

Eddie Dove (69164)

Eddie is a RH Batsman and RF Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and miraculous experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.
Battrick Rating: 105,223
Wages: £90,422 p/w
Batting: miraculous Concentration: exquisite
Processing ...

Grady Hussein (1878382)

Grady is a LH Batsman and LFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and respectable experience.

He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Battrick Rating: 83,907
Wages: £32,813 p/w
Batting: worthless Concentration: strong
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: strong

Shaka Petty (1875343)

Shaka is a LH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.

He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Battrick Rating: 38,630
Wages: £12,397 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: strong
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
Processing ...

Gavin Rich (1891583)

Gavin is a LH Batsman and LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Battrick Rating: 31,956
Wages: £13,677 p/w
Batting: wonderful Concentration: strong
Processing ...

I'll probably list them some time next week.
I'll be bidding. Keen to get a couple of them, would help my club alot. Hopefully one or two can sneak under the radar and come through fairly cheap.