• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
How long until the results from Round 10 and 11 are released?

Reserving my final selection until I know the full list of banned/selected cricketers.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Round 10c Results
Social - Javed Miandad
Goughy - Richie Benaud
James W - Graeme Smith
Neil Pickup - Brian Lara
Noble One - Steve Waugh
Michaelf7777777 - John Reid
Samuel_Vimes - David Gower
Biased Indian - FAILED (Steve Waugh)
fredfertang - FAILED (Picked Benaud in 10b, didn't pick 10c)

Round 11 results
Goughy - MS Dhoni
James W - Carl Hooper
Noble One - Jim Parks
Biased Indian - Michael Vaughan
Michaelf7777777 - Bert Sutcliffe
Samuel_Vimes - Rashid Latif
Neil Pickup - Marcus North
Social - Larry Gomes
fredfertang - Graeme Hick

This means first player to attract 2 votes for captain who has played over 25 tests will go to Biased Indian and the second choice will go to fredfertang.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Noble One - Bill Lawry, Rodney Hogg, Warwick Armstrong, Ajay Jadeja, Ken Farnes, Jacques Kallis, Inzaman Ul Haq, Derek Underwood, Ken Eastwood, Steve Waugh, Jim Parks.

Michaelf7777777 - Martin Crowe, Narendra Hirwani, Courtney Walsh, Geoff Marsh, Ken Wadsworth, Viv Richards, Bob Simpson, Andrew Flintoff, J Southerton, John Reid, Bert Sutcliffe,

fredfertang - Garth McKenzie , Dilip Doshi, WG Grace, Micky Stewart, Ross Gregory, Chris Carins, Godfrey Evans, Alvin Kallicharran, George Challenor, Nawab of Pataudi Jnr, Graeme Hick,

Neil Pickup - Andrew Jones, Jason Krejza, William Clarke, Ben Barnett, Collie Smith, Ian Botham, Alistair Campbell, Zaheer Khan, Bryce McGain, Brian Lara, Marcus North,

Biased Indian - Doug Walters, Charlie Turner, Alec Stewart, Peter Burge, James Burke, Imran Khan, Ian Chappell, Bishan Bedi, Tom Emmett, Mike Brearley, Michael Vaughan

Samuel_Vimes - Keith Stackpole, Monty Noble, Craig Matthews, Asim Kamal, Amar Singh, Ricky Ponting, Gary Kirsten, Marvan Atapattu, Tich Freeman, David Gower, Rashid Latif,

Social - Ian Redpath, Trevor Bailey, Cyril Washbrook, Jimmy Cook, Wally Grout, Wasim Akram, Daniel Vettori, Waqar Younis, SN Banerjee, Javed Miandad, Larry Gomes,

JamesW - Mohammed Azharrudin, Peter Pollock, Bob Cowper, SS Karim, Hansie Cronje, Adam Gilchrist, Joel Garner, Muttiah Muralitharan, Dave Houghton, Graeme Smith, Carl Hooper,

Goughy - Javagal Srinath, Bill Lockwood, Jack Cowie, Ali Bacher, Nawab of Pataudi, Matthew Hayden, Graham Thorpe, Michael Atherton, James Lillywhite Jnr, Richie Benaud, MS Dhoni,

Banned Players
Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble, Lance Klusener, Alec Bedser, Clarrie Grimmett, Jim Laker, Trevor Bailey, Alf Valentine, Clyde Walcott, Colin Cowdrey, Rick McCosker, Sylvester Clarke, Malcolm Marshall, Frank Worrell, Archie Jackson, Ravi Shastri, Upul Chandana, Alan Connolly, Gordon Greenidge, Curtly Ambrose, Shane Warne, Bert Ironmonger, Peter Kirsten, Mike Proctor, Jimmy Cook, Garry Sobers, Shaun Pollock and Bill Edrich.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So round 12 is now open. I understand some people have made selections already in 12A - you can change your mind if you like as I know some picked really quickly.

12A will go until about 6pm Tuesday AEST.

Also don't forget that we need to pick someone for BI and Fred.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
Michael Atherton and Nasser Hussain. Not really many McGain's or Krezja's can be picked for this criteria unfortunately.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Captain Question - Mike Brearley (Great captain, will ruin batting strength)

Worse than Mark Waugh - Alok Kapali

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah both of the re-picks are in regards to the captaincy, everyone passed the Mark Waugh question.

So at the moment we have 1 vote for:
Hussain, Brearley and Nawab of Pataudi Jnr.

Atherton has already been selected and it was Pataudi Snr who was chosen previously.

biased indian

International Coach
So round 12 is now open. I understand some people have made selections already in 12A - you can change your mind if you like as I know some picked really quickly.

12A will go until about 6pm Tuesday AEST.

Also don't forget that we need to pick someone for BI and Fred.
once i know the Question 10 player i will send ok

think its Brearley ...as 2 have already nominated him :) will take him he used to keep rite ???

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
BI you have Mike Brearley.

fredfertang has Nawab of Pataudi Jnr.

8 out of 9 have already picked in round 12a..

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
1. Hayden (Aus) 1994-2009
No need
2. Atherton (Eng) 1989-2001
A man of considerable metal strength who concentrated on defence. In a career interrupted by back injuries, he still managed to play over 100 Tests and score nearly 8000 runs.
3. Ali Bacher (SA) 1965-70
He will be best remembered as the cricket administrator that brought SA cricket back into International cricket and who supervised their growth. However, he was also captain of SA when they were the best team in the world and was a useful Test batsman.
4. Graham Thorpe (Eng) 1993-2005
Possibly the best English batsman of his generation. Compact of technique, he was capable of rotating the strike and punishing anything with width or on his pads.
5. Nawab of Pataudi (Eng/India) 1932-1946
In an amazingly short Test career (6 games) he managed to represent England in the Bodyline series and then go on to captain India against England. His Test numbers do not do him justice (for numerous reasons) but his FC record is exceptional
6. Dhoni (Ind) 2005-present
No need
7. Benaud (Aus) 1952-1964
A man who, for a number if generations, has come to define cricket. As a commentator millions have grown up listening to him. Before this he was a magnificent leg-spin allrounder, captain and personality.
8. Bill Lockwood (Eng) 1893-1902
A quality fast bowling allrounder. A bowler with good pace and great variety and a batsman of considerable ability and success.
9. James Lillywhite Jnr (Eng) 1882-1899
Captain of England in the inaugural Test of 1876-7. A great career that has well over 1000 FC wickets (@15.23) and multiple FC centuries.
10. Javagal Srinath (Ind) 1991-2002
The godfather to the Indian pace revolution. Often the lone spearhead he was very dangerous on his day with a combination of height, pace and movement.
11. Jack Cowie (NZ) 1937-1949
One of the 'forgotten' men in cricket. A supreme fast-medium bowler that Test cricket did not see enough of due to NZ playing so few games.

I like this team (with 1 more guy to add).

Great batting depth (allrounders down to 9). 3 very capable seam bowlers and 2 excellent spinners. A team for all conditions.

The big question is who should captain? By my rough count there are at least 6 former captains of their nation. Despite that, I think it is pretty obvious that Benaud should skipper.

In my (probably biased) opinion it is a great mix of new and old and a group of interesting characters with fascinating stories.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
The big question is who should captain? By my rough count there are at least 6 former captains of their nation. Despite that, I think it is pretty obvious that Benaud should skipper.
Same problem here i have Imran khan,Ian chappel and Mike Brearley :unsure:

and other than that have Vaughan,Bedi also

abhinav_super

School Boy/Girl Captain
You guys seems to be very intelligent about this game.

Anyways BI you remember about Bedi?

I consider that fella the god father of Indian Spin department. ;)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sorry my Internet has been down for a few hours.

Selection 12a
Accepted: Goughy, Biased Indian, Michaelf7777777, Social
Failed: Samuel_Vimes, fredfertang & Noble One (Keith Miller), James W & Neil Pickup (Allan Donald)

Round 12b needs to be sent by Thursday night (about 6pm EST) and Round 12c which is the completion of the draft by Friday night.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry my Internet has been down for a few hours.

Selection 12a
Failed: Samuel_Vimes, fredfertang & Noble One (Keith Miller), James W & Neil Pickup (Allan Donald)

Round 12b needs to be sent by Thursday night (about 6pm EST) and Round 12c which is the completion of the draft by Friday night.
Excellent work NuFan

Finally put together a pretty handy lineup

biased indian

International Coach
Selection 12a
:cool: thank you

1. James Burke
  2. Michael Vaughan
  3. Ian Chappell (vc)
  4. Alec Stewart
  5. Doug Walters
  6. Mike Brearley (C)
  7. Imran Khan (vc)
  8. Peter Burge (WK)
  9. **** 12a *******
  10. Charlie Turner
  11. Bishan Bedi