• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Smith

Banned
Don't we just have to beat Pakistan by more than how many Netherlands beat us (i.e on the second to last ball or by more than a run)?

Thereby the only way Netherlands could finish above us is by beating Pakistan and then we would finish second anyway
Yeah, but there is the small matter of beating Pakistan.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Errr? did you not see the balls he bowled? i dont think any bowler could have sent down 6 better balls really. He just panic'd when it came to throwning down the stumps, ive seen plenty better players do that in the past.
and somehow the English disagree when they are accused of mollycoddling their athletes. :)

You cant excuse the last over. Sure he bowled pretty well but he didnt back it up with the fundamentals and made about 4 simple mistakes. Thats pretty poor

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Will read through the past few pages in a min, but if anyone thought I was hiding well I'm not. Well done Netherlands, shocking stuff from Broad in the last over fielding-wise, but excellent from the Dutch, a well-deserved victory.

what an amazing match, Twenty20 at its best

Steulen

International Regular
Oh

My

F yeah, yeah, you know the word

G...****e, I'm an atheist.

WaaaaaahahahahahDSPIVJQEFRIG[ 4\=RMT1U3Q

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
So, the Dutch

- beat England at cricket, at Lord's
- beat the Dominican Republic at baseball, twice
- screw the football tactics book and invent total football
- beat the japanese at kickboxing to the blood
- somehow manage to live well under sea level

What a nation.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
So, the Dutch

- beat England at cricket, at Lord's
- beat the Dominican Republic at baseball, twice
- screw the football tactics book and invent total football
- beat the japanese at kickboxing to the blood
- somehow manage to live well under sea level

What a nation.
Meh, they still gave Anne Frank to the Nazis :ph34r:

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
HAHAHAHAHAHHA what a bunch of jokers! Luckily for England Pakistan are possibly even worse than them at the moment, this game illustrated why i never rate England at one day cricket, no fire power, no quality bowling after the new ball, consistently crack under pressure (Broad does it again...). England thoroughly outplayed in every department tonight, fantastic stuff from the Dutch! Can't believe Luke Wright was saying 160 was a good score....160 is generally par in England, they managed that against the Dutch on a flat pitch with tiny boundaries.

Personally I was thoroughly unimpressed with Wright today, can't see him doing anything like today's 71 against a top side, he basically looked to try and hit the ball as hard as possible every ball and adopted the style of a power player (like a symonds or hayden), but he didn't clear the rope once (tiny boundaries too remember) which sort of indicates that either his timing is abysmal or he just isn't that strong. Also a very limited range of shots, almost everything in front of the stumps and zero technique whatsoever, looked troubled by a back of a length stuff.

All that said got the worst feeling we'll lose to Bangladesh tomorrow, especially as I'm going to the game...

Last edited: