• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Heard that one a few times already so far...

Doggies vs Cats last week was some of the best footy I've watched in a long time. Gotta say Anzac Day was a personal fave though (obviously).
'One of' meaning there can be more than one.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
'One of' meaning there can be more than one.
Yup, forgot to add the extra sentence saying what a great season we've had so far. One of the most even in a while. Even Melbourne look capable of beating anyone on thier given day.

Josh

International Regular
This team will kill me one day...

...but for now:

YELLOW AND BLACK!!

How happy was Cousins to finally be able to sing that part of the song?? :D

Redbacks

International Captain
Like him as a footballer but he seems like a **** bloke.
yeah he seems like a big head. A friend who does sports psychology gave me his opinion from his workings with elite athletes that: becomming famous at a young age increases likelihood they will buy into the 'I'm a star' bulletproof mentality, rather than the blokes who have to struggle to make it e.g. a Sam Mitchell who would seem (from face value) to be a more well rounded person with experience during adulthood of being an average punter. Then it's a case of the feedback mechanism. Everything Cousins was doing on the field by instinct etc. was right and therefore he may have had trouble accepting the opinions of others until it was too late. Up until then the Eagles let him down by putting success before health, and he would have felt in control given to the time what he did gave him huge success. Drugs was the inevitable losing battle.

It's just clear to notice on the field he: gets to the right spots, doesn't give **** kicks across goals, attacks the corridor when others go wide, elite disposal making him a joy to watch.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Glad for Plough that the team managed to win one for him. Reckon channel 10 are the ****s in the latest Cousins "controversy". Unless I'm mistaken, the camera that Cousins walked past wasn't being broadcast live, which means that 10 later made the decision to broadcast what he did. Why? To generate a storm in a teacup?

I don't like Cousins but given the level to which the media have been sticking a camera in his face all week, and especially since he landed in Perth, it was an understandable, if unnecessary and foolish, lapse. But 10, why make an issue of it when you didn't have to?

pasag

RTDAS
Glad for Plough that the team managed to win one for him. Reckon channel 10 are the ****s in the latest Cousins "controversy". Unless I'm mistaken, the camera that Cousins walked past wasn't being broadcast live, which means that 10 later made the decision to broadcast what he did. Why? To generate a storm in a teacup?

I don't like Cousins but given the level to which the media have been sticking a camera in his face all week, and especially since he landed in Perth, it was an understandable, if unnecessary and foolish, lapse. But 10, why make an issue of it when you didn't have to?
Agreed. I love the fact the comms were going on about how stupid it was and how he disappointed the fans, but as you say it wasn't going out live and they had no reason to show it other than to generate a ****storm. In other words it wouldn't have been disappointed any fans had they not shown it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YES! :D

I was out last night so didn't see any of the game and only listened on the radio til quarter time. What did Cousins do?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adelaide playing really good footy. Fairly friendly period coming up in the draw as well, should see moving up a bit in the next few weeks.

howardj

International Coach
yeah he seems like a big head. A friend who does sports psychology gave me his opinion from his workings with elite athletes that: becomming famous at a young age increases likelihood they will buy into the 'I'm a star' bulletproof mentality, rather than the blokes who have to struggle to make it e.g. a Sam Mitchell who would seem (from face value) to be a more well rounded person with experience during adulthood of being an average punter. Then it's a case of the feedback mechanism. Everything Cousins was doing on the field by instinct etc. was right and therefore he may have had trouble accepting the opinions of others until it was too late. Up until then the Eagles let him down by putting success before health, and he would have felt in control given to the time what he did gave him huge success. Drugs was the inevitable losing battle.
Yeah, it's very to criticise sports stars who turn somewhat weird.

But put yourself in their position. In your twenties, you play in front of packed crowds, with millions watching on TV, you're paid $300 000+, and every time you walk down the street you're told how good you are.

It would take a very strong 20-something year old to remain level headed.

It would be a great life, but many of us I'm sure would turn out to be something very different, personality wise, to what we are right now.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Really don't think that Carlton were that good on Friday night. West Coast were a rabble, and kept in the game by LeCras. Both sides were very uninspiring.

Went along to the Geelong/Essendon game today. Bombers looked to handpass too often after they managed to release their runner, and it fell apart. Their kicking skills into the fifty were pretty ordinary too. Reckon it was more of a bad day than anything though. Steve Johnson is a bloody gun.

Redbacks

International Captain
Clarko hasn't got his tactics right enough this season. Has to adapt to the squad available. He did this against freo, going from zone to man2man after the bombers made a mockery of their weakened personnel in the zone the week before. Two weeks in a row the Cash Crows have been laughing all the way to the bank with 5-1's and 6-2's in defence. Then on the flipside constantly getting alot more numbers to nearly all contests in the 1st half to have both games stitched up before the talent of the opponents could shine through. Well done Niel Craig, great preparer of initial tactics but still very rigid on game days (hence why Malthouse has had great success against him)

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Really don't think that Carlton were that good on Friday night. West Coast were a rabble, and kept in the game by LeCras. Both sides were very uninspiring.

Went along to the Geelong/Essendon game today. Bombers looked to handpass too often after they managed to release their runner, and it fell apart. Their kicking skills into the fifty were pretty ordinary too. Reckon it was more of a bad day than anything though. Steve Johnson is a bloody gun.
Yeah Carl vs WC was probably the worst game i've watched all year, just so scrappy.

Didn't watch the whole of todays game but from bits and pieces i saw Geelong seemed to strangle us and simply were to big. Johnson is a freak.

Vic how did Houli play? Seemed to be getting a fair bit of it and using it quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.