• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

ret

International Debutant
which 3 overseas players would you pick from below for RR? [As we know Warney plays by default]

- Smith is struggling but he can win a game if he plays well
- Harwood, Morkel, Botha
- Quiney, Carlesdine, Henderson

Athlai

Not Terrible
which 3 overseas players would you pick from below for RR? [As we know Warney plays by default]

- Harwood, Morkel, Botha
Far and away the worst international players. Do you HAVE to play 4 internationals? Keep Warne, Botha and maybe Smith IMO unless Henderson is suddenly in form.

pasag

RTDAS

- Harwood, Morkel, Botha
Smith, Warne, Harwood, Carlesdine

I like their internationals, tbh. They haven't fired this season, but it happens. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the international makeup of the side.

KKR picked their best side and won, who would have thought? Such a dumb side.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Smith, Warne, Harwood, Carlesdine

I like their internationals, tbh. They haven't fired this season, but it happens. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the international makeup of the side.

KKR picked their best side and won, who would have thought? Such a dumb side.
Na the bowlers got killed and they won because McCullum and Hodge came through. Though the non-selection of Mendis was idiotic throughout the season.

Howsie

International Captain
I can't believe that hack McCullum has finally started to make runs, he is still living off that 150 he made in the IPL last season. And what has he done in international cricket.

pasag

RTDAS
Na the bowlers got killed and they won because McCullum and Hodge came through. Though the non-selection of Mendis was idiotic throughout the season.
Yeah but they weren't even always picking Hodge. I don't know if they would have made the finals or not, but if they had picked McCullum-Hodge-Hussey and Mendis in every game they could there is no way they'd have done so badly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah but they weren't even always picking Hodge. I don't know if they would have made the finals or not, but if they had picked McCullum-Hodge-Hussey and Mendis in every game they could there is no way they'd have done so badly.
Yeah good point.

Briony

International Debutant
Far and away the worst international players. Do you HAVE to play 4 internationals? Keep Warne, Botha and maybe Smith IMO unless Henderson is suddenly in form.

Botha hasn't even been as economical as the erratic one.

Smith has been the international dud of the tournament.

RR will probably look to offload him next season. Something for Warne to be happy about.

pasag

RTDAS
Not the greatest tournament for the Indian openers. Bit of a concern going into the WC.

McDonald gets a game before McGrath? I can understand Nannes, but McGrath was one of the best bowlers in the last IPL, bit strange.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kumar finally delivers! Kumble good as he's always been this season.

Carn Bangalore! Take this one out.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah.