• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is getting funny! .... So you are saying that you are the biggest Mishra fan on this forum and expecting me to take your word for that and judge things based on how you would you go abt it! .... great! I respect your belief but saying that to me is like me telling you that I am the king of the world [or whatever blah blah], and then telling you that if a king like me thinks this then what chance rest have. [I am not a jackass to comment along that lines but am merely drawing parallels by giving an example I could think of. I am surprised that I have to spoon feed so much :wallbash: ]

anyways, I said

which just implies that some guys will say that a player from their country is better [esp if they are following the IPL for that reason] irrespective of the fact whether he is better [not implying that someone is better or not], that's it .... and the symbol :p implies that it's not to be taken seriously and it's a fun comment w/ no harm intended!

and we are here debating whether if a self proclaimed biggest Mishra fan woudn't think blah blah what chance do others have 8-)
Haha, you don't have to take my word for it sir. I doubt there are many here who would argue.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What Nehra's position these days in India's bowling ranks. Is looking pretty good..
When Vengsarkar (the chairman of selectors back then) was asked about his selection prior to the world cup, he wryly replied 'why not select me then.' I have always rated Nehra though and I hope he can give competition to the other Indian quicks. He has been very good this tournament and among the best bowlers with the likes of Malinga and Nannes.

Polo23

International Debutant
When Vengsarkar (the chairman of selectors back then) was asked about his selection prior to the world cup, he wryly replied 'why not select me then.' I have always rated Nehra though and I hope he can give competition to the other Indian quicks. He has been very good this tournament and among the best bowlers with the likes of Malinga and Nannes.
I don't understand why everyone thinks Nannes has been fantastic. He's been about on par with Sangwan. In terms of his average his 4th from the bottom on the cricinfo "best averages" list, and 10th from the bottom on the "best economy" list.

I don't think he's been bad, I just don't think he's been as fantastic as some are making out. No where near as good as Malinga has been.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. about time Dhoni figured out Oram is a waste of time in this team..

Will definitely play Tushara ahead of him, if it were up to me... Oram doesn't bat, doesn't bowl and fields nothing special... Then why have him in the squad? The catch he mucked up was perhaps the game, yesterday..

In other news, Balaji is shocking at the death. Don't understand why Dhoni or Parthiv don't come up to the sticks for him? They even did for Albie, FFS!!! And Bala is good 15K slower at his quickest...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It is incredible that even at this late stage, it is possible that Delhi head the table, Chennai are second and there is a three way tie for the last two semi-final spots between bangalore, Punjab and Deccan.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is incredible that even at this late stage, it is possible that Delhi head the table, Chennai are second and there is a three way tie for the last two semi-final spots between bangalore, Punjab and Deccan.
There isn't actually- Bangalore are two points behind, having played one less game. Rajasthan are in with a shout too- can overtake either Punjab or Deccan if they beat KKR and one of those teams fail to lose. Although if Bangalore win their remaining two it throws a spanner in the works.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
There isn't actually- Bangalore are two points behind, having played one less game. Rajasthan are in with a shout too- can overtake either Punjab or Deccan if they beat KKR and one of those teams fail to lose. Although if Bangalore win their remaining two it throws a spanner in the works.
Okay here is how it is possible.

• Delhi (18) beat Bangalore to top the table with 20. There match with Mumbai is inconsequential.
  • Chennai (15) beat Punjab to end with 17.
  • Bangalore (12) beat Deccan in the last game to end at 14.
  • Punjab (14) remain at 14.
  • Deccan (14) remain at 14
  • Rajasthan Royal (13) lose to Kolakat and remain at 13.

Of course if RR were to win against KKR the other three will fight for one spot and not two