• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in England

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have you actually watched Broad bowl? He does get swing, but doesn't rely on the ball hooping around like Bresnan. I'd rather see Bresnan play ahead of Mahmood and Harmison atm, but he's still nothing more than average.
Harmison must be seriously crap these days if he's behind Broad, Bresnan, and Onions for any reason other than the selectors losing patience with his attitude

Let's face it, unless Harmison's absolutely lost it completely, even his most serious detractors would have to admit that he'd have been a massive handful in ths conditions that England have bowled in this summer PLUS I seriously doubt that Gayle would be walking down the wicket and plonking him into the stands over his head

Howsie

International Captain
I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm just saying that Bresnan looks better then Stuart Broad. He swings it way more then Broad, and he also has a lot better control then Broad.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Harmison must be seriously crap these days if he's behind Broad, Bresnan, and Onions for any reason other than the selectors losing patience with his attitude

Let's face it, unless Harmison's absolutely lost it completely, even his most serious detractors would have to admit that he'd have been a massive handful in ths conditions that England have bowled in this summer PLUS I seriously doubt that Gayle would be walking down the wicket and plonking him into the stands over his head
Harmison has absolutely lost it. No longer bowls at 90mph, his accuracy's gone, and he's nowhere near as good as he used to be. Not helped by his attitude, but he's not impressed with the ball this summer and in his last few England performances.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
His average is coming down really fast too, I remember when it was 38 about this time last year.
46 wickets in 2008 at 29.84 and the 18 at 29.50 this year have helped the cause, but I don't think many doubt his proficiency inside England, where he averages 28.92, it is outside England where he averages 48.11 that the problem lies.

On a technical note, I feel he's just gotta be hitting the stumps more. He is too often swinging it past the edge of the bat.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I don't think you can criticise Onions for sticking to a full length in swinging conditions, especially considering that he actually got Gayle out. Harmison would have banged it in back of a length, not been hit for six and not got his man, leaving the rest of the bowlers to try to force a result.

I wouldn't have Harmy anywhere near the team at the moment. Even if I especially rated his bowling, I'd have a hard time saying there's anyone in the current crop who deserves to get dropped.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Brilliant bowling once more from Anderson. This is a masterclass in how to control the swinging ball at pace. Superb performance.

social

46 wickets in 2008 at 29.84 and the 18 at 29.50 this year have helped the cause, but I don't think many doubt his proficiency inside England, where he averages 28.92, it is outside England where he averages 48.11 that the problem lies.

On a technical note, I feel he's just gotta be hitting the stumps more. He is too often swinging it past the edge of the bat.
Doesnt swing in most places so he has to rely on accuracy and consistency - not his strongest suits

grecian

Quality stuff from Jimmy.

Why are they going off for lunch now in the best weather of the day, it can be very frustrating this game, should be going on for two hours this morning. Surely common-sense should take over....

social

I don't think you can criticise Onions for sticking to a full length in swinging conditions, especially considering that he actually got Gayle out. Harmison would have banged it in back of a length, not been hit for six and not got his man, leaving the rest of the bowlers to try to force a result.

I wouldn't have Harmy anywhere near the team at the moment. Even if I especially rated his bowling, I'd have a hard time saying there's anyone in the current crop who deserves to get dropped.[/QUOT

On performances in this series, Bresnan will go when Flintoff returns with the others justifiably retained

As for whether they should've been picked in the first place, that's another story

S Chanderpaul

U19 Vice-Captain
Great stuff by Jimmy.

Cant wait to see him ripping out Ponting and co's middle stumps. :happy:

Poor Shiv left with no one as usual, though. :@

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Roll on the ODIs please. Couldn't give two cents about this series. Just looking for individual performances. Never wanted it played in the first place.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
What a ****house couple of performances from the Windies. Pathetic.

65 quid my ass. I wouldn't pay 6.50.

Good clinical performances from England though, particularly in the bowling.