• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in England

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bresnan's got his first Test wicket. Swinging about and not looking easy for the batsmen. Shocking shot from Nash though, really poor dismissal.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last 2 wickets sum up Windies performance on this tour

****ty application = ****ty results

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
He is a lot quicker then Onions, he also gets a lot more bounce. I just don't see why he isn't getting more chances.
Saj Mahmood was quick, and gained numerous bounce. Still was a hopeless bowler. So many other facets to a bowlers game that make him capable of creating chances.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Because they have been given overs, Bresnan gets a few here and there. Broad is never going to be a good bowler, way to expensive and he doesn't swing it at all. Anderson is turning into a very very good bowler, Bresnan just has that look of a wicket taker.

Right on cue.
The reason they've been given those overs is because they're noticably better bowlers. Bresnan is a very, very average bowler, and really isn't good enough to be in the side. Onions has impressed everyone immensely. He deserved his wickets, and although he's not a rapid 90mph bowler, he's quick enough, as proven by the fact that he hit Sarwan with a bouncer, and he gets wickets. Broad is also a far better bowler than Bresnan will ever be. I seriously don't know how you can rate Bresnan higher than Broad and Onions, incredibly baffling. Bresnan's only just started looking remotely dangerous now that it's hooping around.

2nd for Bresnan. It's hooping around and that was put into a good area. Wasn't played particularly well, but a wicket nonetheless.

Howsie

International Captain
The reason they've been given those overs is because they're noticably better bowlers. Bresnan is a very, very average bowler, and really isn't good enough to be in the side. Onions has impressed everyone immensely. He deserved his wickets, and although he's not a rapid 90mph bowler, he's quick enough, as proven by the fact that he hit Sarwan with a bouncer, and he gets wickets. Broad is also a far better bowler than Bresnan will ever be. I seriously don't know how you can rate Bresnan higher than Broad and Onions, incredibly baffling. Bresnan's only just started looking remotely dangerous now that it's hooping around.

2nd for Bresnan. It's hooping around and that was put into a good area. Wasn't played particularly well, but a wicket nonetheless.
Bresnan is better then Broad because Broad doesn't get any swing.

grecian

Well done Bresnan, but he really is average.

Still, he seems to have shown a good attitude, and I wouldn't be that upset to see him play more, if there's injuries. Nice to have some options that aren't ****ing crap.

Still rate Onions and Broad well over Tim, though....

King Pietersen

International Captain
Have you actually watched Broad bowl? He does get swing, but doesn't rely on the ball hooping around like Bresnan. I'd rather see Bresnan play ahead of Mahmood and Harmison atm, but he's still nothing more than average.

grecian

Have you actually watched Broad bowl? He does get swing, but doesn't rely on the ball hooping around like Bresnan.
Does seem odd, these arguments, saying Onions is only good for one test in certain conditions, when it's quite clear that these will be the only condition Bres will ever take wickets at.

Think any of our bowlers would of swung it this morning.

Howsie

International Captain
I've seen Broad bowl and rarely have I seen him swing a ball. What does he rely on, a batsman making a mistake.
Broad is a lot better then Bresnan, did you see his spell yesterday against Chanderpaul and Sarwan. He is an improving cricketer.

Howsie

International Captain
Does seem odd, these arguments, saying Onions is only good for one test in certain conditions, when it's quite clear that these will be the only condition Bres will ever take wickets at.

Except for Broad.

King Pietersen

International Captain

Yes exactly. Also, I don't 'think' any of our bowlers would have swung it this morning, I know they would have. The ball's hooping around.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bowling Jim. Time for Sulie to spank Bres around again ;)

Puma. Stop trolling mate, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Howsie

International Captain
Good bowling from James Anderson, he is fast becoming one of my favourite fast bowlers. I really hope he does well in the Ashes.