• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Meh, Sreesanth did attempt it and would have been run out anyway..
The ball could have been fumbled by the keeper or the throw may not have been accurate. You never know in these pressure situations. They should have at least tested the fielder.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
It's good to see the Kings win. They're a well-rounded team, with nearly everyone (ahem, Wilkin) capable of contributing. Yuvraj's bowling changes, his own bowling, his field settings (for a change), Sangakkara's over-50, Irfan's final over, Sreesanth keeping Gibbs quiet, Powar snaring Gilly and Suman and every itsy-bitsy batting contribution, all came together for a very close win. It's good for a team with so many India prospects and international regulars. Hopefully we'll see them win the last one as well. A pity Chawla couldn't hold on to that catch (and got injured), and the eighteenth over was frightful, but that was a fantastic comeback after being written off by Akash Chopra and given little chance by the experts.

Awaiting a Yuvraj special with the bat next time. Go Punjab! Yes, I like the look of that team, as also Delhi.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
It's also good to see Rohit Sharma getting a chunky score and winning almost two matches on his own. One more Indian top-five batsman plays himself into form. Let's just hope he doesn't get stuck in bowling; the team needs runs from him, not wickets.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rajat Bhatia has been dropped for A'vishkar Salvi. Strange. [:0]
They don't give a toss about this game. Some one on Max said they have 3 keepers in their line up.

EDIT - The three keepers are Dilshan, AB and Dinesh Karthik.

I am strongly backing Rajasthan obviously, the state from where my ancestors hail from.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Rohit Sharma should definitely play for India regularly in the T20 WC matches this year. I always felt that he was no good at ODIs but I have slightly changed my stand on his abilities after his recent performances. If he is consistent for a year or so from now, I wont have any problem with him playing ODIs for India.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rohit Sharma should definitely play for India regularly in the T20 WC matches this year. I always felt that he was no good at ODIs but I have slightly changed my stand on his abilities after his recent performances. If he is consistent for a year or so from now, I wont have any problem with him playing ODIs for India.
He has always been a class player right from the time he toured Australia with the A team and even before that. He is destined to be Tendulkar's succesor at no. 4 but wont get that much recognition because he succeeds Tendulkar. He is locked for ODIs and T20s for India and a future test bat.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
God there is hardly any one in here during the night games. Can't blame the Aussies as it is in late night - mid morning time and the English have their hands full with the West Indies. I keep chattering to myself.

Any way, quality acquisition, Botha for the Royals.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This is a large, large ground. 151 wont be easy to chase, also given the Royals batting is not exactly great. Another good game on our hands. These end games are really being quality.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Loved the way DD played Warne. Didn't try to slog him and kept taking singles and 2s off his bowling. Didn't give him many dot balls at all. Scored at about 7 RPO off Warne without any risk. Good strategy.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Aakash Chopra is so good commentating on the game from the studio. Love his articles and will definitely give his book a read in the future. Should be getting test chances for India but he is a real outsider. Has been removed from the Knight Riders squad in RSA stupidly, not the first, nor the last stupid decision they made.

ret

International Debutant
Does Rajasthan's campaign end if they lose this one?
Nope

Royals go in, if they beat KKR and
1. K11 / DC loses its last game
2. BRC doesn't win both its games [if it does then both DC and K11 have to lose their last games]