• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
New year, Brisbane coming off a belting. We played our worst game of the season vs the roos and only lost by 2 goals and probably should have won that one. We may not finish any higher than 7th or 8th but Brisbane are a very poor football team.
Yeah nice call that one 8-). Guess this makes Essendon ****ing atrocious team then?

It's quite amusing to see you accuse others of having limited football knowledge when you wear the ultimate pair of rose-tinted glasses thus clouding your judgement no-end.

What was it again we were all supposed to be learning?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well played Lions. We'll have to stop your midfield and J Brown next week.

Johnstone, Black, Power, Selwood were all good tonight.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Yeah nice call that one 8-). Guess this makes Essendon ****ing atrocious team then?

It's quite amusing to see you accuse others of having limited football knowledge when you wear the ultimate pair of rose-tinted glasses thus clouding your judgement no-end.

What was it again we were all supposed to be learning?
I was wrong, although has to be said we played atrocious. Smashed in the midfield. Probably the most disappointing loss of the year in my books.

Sad too see such a champion in Lucas struggle this much. I love the bloke but i think it might be worth a spell in the ressies to get his confidence back up.

Redbacks

International Captain
On C7 this morning they mentiones a tipper had $500,000 on Geelong by 24.5+ @ $1.05, hopefully they lose the bet

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We had our chance in the last quarter against Sydney and stuffed it up. Jack Riewoldt! :angry:

Hall's goal after the siren meant I lost the line bet as well.

Not a good day.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Doggies should trade off half their players and try and buy Roughead. They would be such a good team if they had a big presence in their forward line (I know its been said for like 5 years now).

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Doggies should trade off half their players and try and buy Roughead. They would be such a good team if they had a big presence in their forward line (I know its been said for like 5 years now).
Something has got to be done about Eade's refusal to give any big man a chance to play up forward. I know no one is banging down on the door for selection (except Skipper who, except that one a game against Geelong, isn't worthy of a key forward spot) but enough is surely enough. We can't keep on throwing Minson up there in the hope he comes good; his hands are poor, he's an unco kick and doesn't really have a football brain. Someone like Grant needs to be given five or six rounds to actually make a name for himself.

Today was the perfect example of where we fall down. Usually we're pretty good at scoring, but when the midfield gets smashed we have absolutely no forward structure. The amount of times the Saints had four spare men in defence was unbelieveable. We've seriously got to be the worst team in the league when it comes to blooding youngsters; when we need to make changes it isn't ordinary players like Eagleton who gets the chop, it's ****ing Grant and Ward. 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.