• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Ranks the Bowlers

Slifer

International Captain
Based on the trend, glad to see people actually giving Garner his due esp when it comes to him and Holding. For me Garner> Holding ne day of the week.

adharcric

International Coach
Garner - 23
Lindwall - 15
Holding - 10
Spofforth/Grimmett - 6 each
Donald/Davidson - 4
Thomson/Laker - 2 each
Bedser/Walsh/Verity/Larwood - 1 each

adharcric

International Coach
Vote for #15 bowler of all-time

Big Bird's definitely got this one.

1. Malcolm Marshall
2. Sydney Barnes
3. Glenn McGrath
4. Curtly Ambrose
5. Richard Hadlee
6. Muttiah Muralitharan
7. Shane Warne
8. Dennis Lillee
9. Imran Khan
10. Bill O'Reilly
11. Wasim Akram
12. Fred Trueman
13. Waqar Younis
14. Joel Garner

The vote for the #15 bowler of all-time begins now.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know this isn't a hustings type thread but thought I'd make one point - Our runaway winner, Maco, played in 14 full English seasons - he topped the bowling averages just once in that time - Harold Larwood played in only twelve full English seasons - he topped the averages as many as five times

1. Harold Larwood
2. Jim Laker