• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

HRH Prince Phil of Macksville - WAG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Macksville is a hole. Live not far away, have played cricket there, and some footy too IIRC.
Says the bloke from Coffs Harbour.

A coastal town which, despite it's location near some great beaches, saw the need to gift Australia the first of it's "Big" things, the Big Banana. So as you drive through Coffs Harbour, your attention is drawn not to the coastline, but rather to the phallic-shaped yellow monstrosity on the inland side of the road.

I do like Aanuka Beach Resort though - we had our honeymoon there in 1993. :)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hadn't seen a lot of him before this test, although I'd read on here and in other places he was good. It's almost beyond my comprehension that a 20 year old can come out and do what he's done in the past 3 innings...and while I'm sure there'll be a few lean periods as his average obviously won't stay over 100 (or will it!? :ph34r:), it's an absolute pleasure to watch.

I hope he continues to frustrate the hell out of the SA bowlers for this series because, well, they deserve it! :happy:

I hope he gets a big score in this innings depending on how long Ponting lets them bat for, I'd say we might see him tee off this morning at some stage in an attempt to get as close to 200 as possible before a declaration. I doubt he'll have the time, but you never know I guess.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
So,

In Hughes' first innings he got a duck.
Second innings he got 75.
Third innings he got 115.
Fourth innings he is on track for 150.

I hope this trend continues. By the 5th Ashes test he'll be breaking Lara's record.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So,

In Hughes' first innings he got a duck.
Second innings he got 75.
Third innings he got 115.
Fourth innings his on on track for 150.

I hope this trend continues. By the 5th Ashes test he'll be breaking Lara's record.
I back him to get 165 in this innings at that rate.

Like the username by the way :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Prince came to our club's junior presentation last year to speak with the kids - never done a speech before apparently.

He was fantastic, lots of autographs and really understated. His parents even came along as support!!! Thing was, he didn't have to come along as pa tof his NSW duties - someone in the club knew his family and he said he'd do it anway.

Cost us a 6-pack of Crown Lagers and a bottle of bourbon for a couple of hours of his time.

Might cost a bit more next year.

The Prince - WAG.

Craig

World Traveller
The Prince came to our club's junior presentation last year to speak with the kids - never done a speech before apparently.

He was fantastic, lots of autographs and really understated. His parents even came along as support!!! Thing was, he didn't have to come along as pa tof his NSW duties - someone in the club knew his family and he said he'd do it anway.

Cost us a 6-pack of Crown Lagers and a bottle of bourbon for a couple of hours of his time.

Might cost a bit more next year.

The Prince - WAG.
Sounds like a great guy, you guys got a bargin there :) So I assume a carton of Crownies and a second bottle of bourbon for next year?

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
tbh, until the explanation of the Prince thing in this thread, I assumed he was The Prince as in Prince Philip, the Queen's old man.

stumpski

International Captain
tbh, until the explanation of the Prince thing in this thread, I assumed he was The Prince as in Prince Philip, the Queen's old man.
Twice President of MCC, and supposedly quite a decent club player in his day - for a Greek, anyway. :ph34r:

Chubb

International Regular
100* for Middlesex to make his first hundred at Lords :cool:
To be fair, though, there are a lot of batsmen in English cricket who could have made a ton in similar style against that bowling attack on that pitch. I'm not suggesting for a second Hughes is not a brilliant player because I think he is, but this ton is not that big a deal.

pasag

RTDAS
To be fair, though, there are a lot of batsmen in English cricket who could have made a ton in similar style against that bowling attack on that pitch. I'm not suggesting for a second Hughes is not a brilliant player because I think he is, but this ton is not that big a deal.
True, but to do it as a kid in your first innings in a country is somewhat impressive. Anyways, will be playing on the same type pitch against a similar standard English bowling attack in not long ( :ph34r:)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope it's dry on Sunday. I definitely want to see this guy first-hand. And against Scotland... could be fun.

stumpski

International Captain
I'm going to that one too. Not a Middlesex supporter though (going with a friend who is) so it doesn't bother me too much whether Hughes makes runs or not. A broken finger or two would be handy though. :thumbsup: