• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs Pakistan in UAE

Fusion

Global Moderator
83/3 now and there have been many close calls. Pakistan, as usual, are not making it easy for themselves.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pakistan made it tougher than it had to be, but I'll take the win. Nice way to start the series! :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must say I hadn't put the lack of quality spinners in Australia as having an effect on how we play spin, but I think now it might be.

Vettori, Botha and now Afridi. All decnt bowlers of course, but a complete inability on our part to sensibly milk slow bowlers is kiliing our limited overs cricket right now. Hell, even Harris caused more damage in the home and away tests than he ought to have.

Not having quality spinners to play at home is plainly not helpng us a jot from a batting POV.

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
Must say I hadn't put the lack of quality spinners in Australia as having an effect on how we play spin, but I think now it might be.

Vettori, Botha and now Afridi. All decnt bowlers of course, but a complete inability on our part to sensibly milk slow bowlers is kiliing our limited overs cricket right now. Hell, even Harris caused more damage in the home and away tests than he ought to have.

Not having quality spinners to play at home is plainly not helpng us a jot from a batting POV.
What happened with the Aussie team selection :wacko:

How did they end up with Hauritz batting 8 and Bracken 9?

Did they just not want Symonds/ Clarke to bowl at all? And, if that's the case, why pick Symonds - since his batting has been woeful of late anyhow!

And can Watson roll the arm over at the moment? Or is he still incapacitated.

Looked like the Aussies were a batsman short - and in the end it showed...

Burgey

Watson, according to S Clark on the radio this morning, is rolling the arm over gently int he nets but is still some way off for matches.

Did anyone see how Clark went? He assessed his performance pretty positively, mentioned he thought he got some good zip off the wicket, which he said was missing for him pre-surgery. I think he's going to be vital come the Ashes.

As for Symonds, it's just my view, but I think he's a walk up start in any Aussie limited overs side, he's that good and has been in that format for a long time. Tests a different story, obviously, but I'd be prepared to stick with him for an extended period before thinking about dropping him from the ODI or T20 sides. Particularly so given the other guys who've been in the middle order for the 10 months Symonds has been out haven't exactly set the world on fire either.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd just like to extend a big middle finger to all those who are saying that Hopes is hopeless. He top scored for us at over a run a ball and had the best bowling figures. He deserves a place in a fully fit XI, batting at 7 and bowling alongside Hauritz, Lee, Bracken and Johnson. Then we can pick batsmen on the basis of their batting rather than bowling abilities and still have a balanced side.

Top_Cat

Back to the bad old days in the 90's where Aus sends a second string side to an inconsequential tournament and gets rudely thrashed. Fully expecting Pakistan to win the series comfortably. At least they're playing with some feeling.

Even then, this is a new low. At least the Aussies in the 90's sent the captain.