• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just having a look at your team, you didn't spend much money in your backline. This year its the backmen that are ripping it up - Lockyer, Goddard, Bowden, Leigh Harding etc.

Whenever soonest possible, get rid of Prestigiacoma (the one person in the whole league you would never buy in Dream Team, awesome real life backman, but doesn't get the ball, is a traditional 'stopper') and Nicoski (will lose you lots of money). Great buy of Duffield though.

Ridiculously awesome midfield. Ablett, Corey, Bruce and Tuck is clearly where you spent your cash. Tuck is underperforming atm, but he'll come good.

Rucks are rucks. As long as you have Cox you'll be right.

Can't fault your forward line other than Dean Solomon. He is a dud. Doesn't get the ball, far slower than he used to be, and is a nutcase, so will likely get suspended costing you games. You took a punt on Tredrea, and its looking good. Was an absolute champion in 2004/05.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just having a look at your team, you didn't spend much money in your backline. This year its the backmen that are ripping it up - Lockyer, Goddard, Bowden, Leigh Harding etc.

Whenever soonest possible, get rid of Prestigiacoma (the one person in the whole league you would never buy in Dream Team, awesome real life backman, but doesn't get the ball, is a traditional 'stopper') and Nicoski (will lose you lots of money). Great buy of Duffield though.

Ridiculously awesome midfield. Ablett, Corey, Bruce and Tuck is clearly where you spent your cash. Tuck is underperforming atm, but he'll come good.

Rucks are rucks. As long as you have Cox you'll be right.

Can't fault your forward line other than Dean Solomon. He is a dud. Doesn't get the ball, far slower than he used to be, and is a nutcase, so will likely get suspended costing you games. You took a punt on Tredrea, and its looking good. Was an absolute champion in 2004/05.
Thanks, coach. :p

Re: Prestigiacoma. Got him as a squad player cos he was dirt cheap and likely to play, but 'cos of a few selectorial "issues" and injuries he's ended up playing in my 22 as often as not.

Have $286k in the kitty, so will strengthen as and when tho.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, sorry I'm bored and procrastinating from my Property Law essay.

That amount of dough in the bank means you'll become a force pretty soon.

Btw, those that criticise Dream Team as ruining footy often site the fact that people will have players they don't care about, or hate, in their team, and state things like "oh well, at least he's in my Dream Team" when they do well. Even when they play well against the teams they support.

I think I'm doing that right now. I feel pretty dirty having Andrew Lovett in my Dream Team atm. The player I hate the most in the AFL, and he's not even been a good buy, which is pissing me off.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah the same with Hodge, hopefully he will get his arse in gear soon. Am about 3 or 4 players short of a decent side at the moment, hopefully Raines comes back this week as Petrenko is dropping off a bit.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[B][U]CW Tipping '09 - Round 4[/U][/B]

Pasag - 22
Sam_Vimes - 22
Simon - 22
BoyBrumby - 21
Jono - 21
Voltman - 21
Alternative - 21
James90 - 20
SuperKD - 20
Ausage - 19
Clapo - 19
Cameeel - 18
Sir B.I - 18
DCYE - 17
Josh - 17
MikeW - 17
Heath DS - 17
NewZT - 16
Howardj - 15
Hoggy - 14
Vic_Orthodox - 14
. HDS' score has been corrected
. Pasag, Simon, & Sam_Vimes all level on top with 22 and 2 bonus points

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like the Lions, but I reckon you're done now. Ruckmen may not be as valuable as they used to be, but Clark would have to really lift from nowhere. Solid player, but better up forward.
Yeah, our finals chances will entirely depend on how the team manages in the next 6/7 weeks imo. If they come out of it and are only 1-2 games behind a 50% record I'd still back the team to make the 8 fairly comfortably. Any more than that, and it will be a real struggle.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Power vs. Saints
Bombers vs. Magpies
Hawks vs. Eagles
Kangaroos vs. Tigers
Dockers vs. Swans
Cats vs. Lions
Bulldogs vs. Blues
Demons vs. Crows

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!