• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I have always believed T20 is bat-oriented game, and on a good (or bad) day, even the best bowler can be taken to the cleaners. Hence, I am inclined not to put much of premium on an allrounder's bowling utility than the cursory. However he is quite destructive as a batsman, and converted many hopeless chances for MI last IPL to wins/near-misses. What do you think of his batting?
Nayar is quite a useful batsman, but playing him as one will affect him as an all-rounder, as that's how he plays elsewhere. He's capable of hitting the ball a long way and is a very good runner between the wickets. There's little problem with his batting and fielding, but his bowling is something questionable for T20. After all, if it's a batsman-oriented game, you need to have your best bowlers operational to stand a chance. That said, if he turns out to be another all-round prospect for India, it will be good.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Australian Mark Cameron (Knight Riders) is out of the IPL. Kolkata have also signed up South African wicket-keeper and opener, Morne van Wyk.

Knight Riders are also looking at lanky fast bowler, CJ de Villiers but haven't signed him as of yet.

Wayne Parnell is apparently also close to an IPL deal but that depends on international players getting injured or withdrawing.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Would be good to have him play the tournie. Will be available for the full tournament if he plays since Holland does'nt get many games.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Langer to play for Somerset instead of Rajasthan. He has negociated his release.

They said Parnell would get snapped up next if a team had a space, so I expect he might sign with Rajasthan.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Would he really get a game with them? He is one of the most unproven of a lot of very strong overseas options.

Shri

Mr. Glass
My team:

Fire Knights CC

G Gambhir

GC Smith O

Yuvraj Singh

SK Raina

RA Jadeja

JA Morkel O

MS Dhoni

DL Vettori O

M Muralitharan O

MS Gony

R Ashwin

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
lol.. I don't see Ashwin getting many games at all, though..
If Gony fails, the player to take his spot will most likely be Ashwin or Tyagi. And I had a budget problem while selecting the players. That was the best line-up I could come up with.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
This is what you get when you give a bimbo a stake in a cricket team:

"I hope you can spin more."
Rajasthan Royals stakeholder Shilpa Shetty has great expectations of one of the team's fast bowlers, at an event announcing the team's sponsor

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Rajasthan Royals stakeholder Shilpa Shetty has great expectations of one of the team's fast bowlers, at an event announcing the team's sponsor
rofl

I wonder what she wants him to spin.. :naughty:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Watson, Symonds, Marsh, Lee to miss most of the tournament probably the big news from the Australian squad announcement. Also, Cameron White to be available for Bangalore.

martin88

Banned

Was she talking to Bracken?

Edit - Can't be, Bracken is in BRC.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
A question from Non-indians

Which teams do you guys support in IPL and why ?