• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Shoulda given me the cash.... Only 2 teams in the comp capable of beating Geelong.
Yeah Hawks and for some strange reason Collingwood (although that seems to have been rectified).

I can't even see how my resurgent blues could manage the task, although it would be nice. Gald we play them (and Hawks) but once this year. Partially cancelled out by only getting to bash up on Demons once.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
God, listening to the ABC today, was painful. Yeah, we didn't play that well, but we still won. But who cares, it's Round 2 for Christ's sake! If it was Round 20, then you might care about how you win, but at this stage of the year all that matters is the four points.

Josh

International Regular
Oh, Richmond. So close yet so far.

The positive is we seem to have been able to play a third quarter for the first time since I can remember.

pasag

RTDAS
Sydney could beat the Hawks here, if they can get it out of their backline...

Brisbane coming back as well, lead only 3 goals now.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't think i've seen a more inept quarter of footy than our 2nd quarter. Lost the game there and then. Sherman may have kicked 2 goals in the last, but **** me he threw away the opportunity to have a shot at 4/5 more with pathetic delivery (like last week actually). We've got one of the best tall forward combinations in Bradshaw & Brown, yet the midfield and halfback lines inability to hit a target has been glaringly obvious in these first 2 weeks. Thought Adcock & Rich were awesome in the 2nd half on ball, just a shame the team gave Carlton a 40 odd point headstart.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
This. Couldn't believe how well we played after watch that shambles last week.

I know the Hawks were light, especially in the ruck, but I was really dreading how this season could turn out for the Swans. There's some life in these old legs yet :)

Standout performances from Jolly, McV, Goodes (stood up when we needed him), Kirk, C Bolton (turned Buddy into a passenger) and LRT :surprise:!!!! Pretty much everyone was terrific for us tonight. Go Swans!!!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't think i've seen a more inept quarter of footy than our 2nd quarter. Lost the game there and then. Sherman may have kicked 2 goals in the last, but **** me he threw away the opportunity to have a shot at 4/5 more with pathetic delivery (like last week actually). We've got one of the best tall forward combinations in Bradshaw & Brown, yet the midfield and halfback lines inability to hit a target has been glaringly obvious in these first 2 weeks. Thought Adcock & Rich were awesome in the 2nd half on ball, just a shame the team gave Carlton a 40 odd point headstart.
Foot skills are what has killed the Lions the past two years. Be interesting to see how much that can change within one season.

Outside of Aker, they never were really super users of the ball even when they won their premierships. Weren't all that many surgeons. Didn't really need them though, when you can put it on the heads of Lynch and Brown and they can rag-doll their opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.