• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
What a shot by Martin! Nice!

So lets say India end up with a 160ish lead. Sehwag will obviously try to be Sehwag, but perhaps it would be worth it with the time thats left for India team to come out and graft a bit for a while, to make sure wickets aren't lost. If India can bat until midway between lunch and tea on the fourth day, the series will have been saved and there is still plenty of time to bowl NZ out, with hopefully the track making Harbhajan dangerous.
India does not have to save this series. . . . since there is no way they can lose it

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I remember a lovely square drive for four against Bangladesh back in December '07 - which may well have been his last?

ret

International Debutant
NZ 197 .... Munaf finishes off .... India lead by 182

it was Zak's show all the way!!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
What a shot by Martin! Nice!

So lets say India end up with a 160ish lead. Sehwag will obviously try to be Sehwag, but perhaps it would be worth it with the time thats left for India team to come out and graft a bit for a while, to make sure wickets aren't lost. If India can bat until midway between lunch and tea on the fourth day, the series will have been saved and there is still plenty of time to bowl NZ out, with hopefully the track making Harbhajan dangerous.
:huh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India does not have to save this series. . . . since there is no way they can lose it
Well, they really should win considering they are going for the top spot, so if this game is lost and the series is tied, I think India have failed.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well, they really should win considering they are going for the top spot, so if this game is lost and the series is tied, I think India have failed.
HOW CAN THE GAME BE LOST? NZ Don't have a Hadlee or Bond in their ranks. It is 99.999999999% unlikely India will lose this game.

martin88

Banned
I remember a lovely square drive for four against Bangladesh back in December '07 - which may well have been his last?
No, the last one before this match came against Eng at Napier last summer. Many would remember it for Southee's slogging, but according to Cricinfo, Martin managed to sneak in this gem:

115.4 Anderson to Martin, FOUR, loud cheers as Martin turns the ball behind square and the ball just has the legs to creep over the rope ... the fielders just watched