• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not sure that pace is really here nor there, it's often said that certain batsman "like the ball coming on to the bat" while others don't. The pitch is flat. It is a belter. And you are a smug pissant ****.
jeez..did u even read my post? I did say it helps the stroke makers when there is no swing. But here there is swing and it makes it difficult to adjust your shot when the ball is coming off the wicket quickly and also bouncing a bit. Had there been no swing around, these would be ideal strokeplay conditions.. But the bounce and pace from the pitch here is more than what I would expect in a normal completely flat deck... which is what I meant.. Last post on this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
jeez..did u even read my post? I did say it helps the stroke makers when there is no swing. But here there is swing and it makes it difficult to adjust your shot when the ball is coming off the wicket quickly and also bouncing a bit. Had there been no swing around, these would be ideal strokeplay conditions.. But the bounce and pace from the pitch here is more than what I would expect in a normal completely flat deck... which is what I meant.. Last post on this.
Still think India wud have scored less than par... Pitch should ease on days 2 and 3 and perhaps NZ will get the best of the batting conditions.. But the weather will be the X factor.

Still put NZ ahead 60-40 ATM though...

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Great, I wake up to another poor performance by our lower middle order...and Tendulkar didn't get a hundred....

Match is interestingly poised, India are going to have really bowl well and then bat well a second time round too. NZ in with a chance but their middle order is going to have fire again. At least it doesn't look like a draw.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Get the feeling tomorrow will be the defining day for this test.. NZ's batting, to be particular, will decide the course of this match... If they bat well and score 450+ (and they should, given the conditions and the fact that our bowling line up is not likely to be that hot once the ball loses its shine), they will be very much in the driver's seat and only rain can come between them and victory, I feel... As someone said in the thread earlier, they will have the luxury of being able to go for the target, whatever it is, since they are batting last and a draw is pretty unlikely..

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Urgghh...I went down to watch the last session after work and now really wish I hadn't. India's already scored about 100 more than they should've. And yes I know a large chunk of it was freakishly bad luck. Harbajhan's innings in particular made Vettori's hundred from the first test look chanceless. But it was also down to some bad bowling and poor field placements (such as Vettori not leaving a mid wicket in for Harbajhan who's always had a penchant for the slog sweep and the continuation of the strange tactic of not leaving 3rd man especially when bowling to the tail enders).

It's incredibly frustrating, made worse by the fact that this New Zealand fielding outfit just doesn't seem to know how to put the foot down once the get in front. Since the test series against England last year, there's barely been a match where New Zealand hasn't romped through the first 4 or 5 opposition wickets, only to let their middle and lower order pile on hundreds of runs. I'm not sure if it's a mental thing, or something to do with Vettori's captaincy or what, but we're never going to claw our way back to respectability in the test arena, until we learn to finish opposition side's off once we get infront.

Can't see us winning this match now. c 400 is a good first innings score on a pitch that's offering a bit, but more importantly preserving swing. Despite Ryder's recent brilliance, I can't see us scoring 500, and I also wonder whether we'll be as succesful against India in the 2nd innings, when the grass covering wears off a bit.

Craig

World Traveller
That was pathetic really. I mean guys like Harbhajan and Zaheer both getting runs - who the hell are they? They are not Ricky Ponting and Jacques Kallis or Barry Richards and Greg Chappell. There is a reason why they bat so low, so why the hell are they allowed to get that many runs? The next the NZPA goes on strike over more money,they should be told they will get it when they actually earn it.

Rant over :mad: :mad2:

Lambu

U19 Debutant
That was pathetic really. I mean guys like Harbhajan and Zaheer both getting runs - who the hell are they? They are not Ricky Ponting and Jacques Kallis or Barry Richards and Greg Chappell. There is a reason why they bat so low, so why the hell are they allowed to get that many runs? The next the NZPA goes on strike over more money,they should be told they will get it when they actually earn it.

Rant over :mad: :mad2:
Now you know how us Indian fans feel when the likes of Franklin bat @ 6.:sleep: And tbh with you you should have seen this coming from Harbhajan..he has been scoring 50's fairly consistently against better attacks for well over a year now.

Howsie

International Captain
What a joke that was, why was Martin and O'Brien bowling at the end. Vettori should of brang Ryder into the attack. Atleast he bowls full and straight, unlike Martin.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What a joke that was, why was Martin and O'Brien bowling at the end. Vettori should of brang Ryder into the attack. Atleast he bowls full and straight, unlike Martin.
While I don't necessarily agree that Ryder was the best option, that is something I've noticed is a real weakness in Martin's bowling. His natural inswing should make him a brilliant yorker bowler, yet for whatever reason he just doesn't seem to know how to put it in the blockhole. You'd think with the shadows crossing the ground and a new ball in his hand it would've been a no brainer to throw in at least one yorker an over, but I didn't see any. Not good.