• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Athlai

Not Terrible
tbh I'm not as fired up about the Mills/Patel/Southee debate as I probably seem, it's just the NZ media's Patel>>>>>>>>our seamers stance that kills me.

Athlai is actually far more reasonable in his Patel praise than most of the NZ media
Get Jeeeetss in there!!!!11!!!

The best part is that Jeets will be sitting on the boundary and I tend to have a word with him. :cool:

By NZ media do you mean Martin Crowe and Ian Smith?

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Now I'm no 'turf management' professional or whatever, but perhaps someone can tell me is it really that hard to make a pitch with a bit of life in it early april in Wellington?

thierry henry

International Coach
O'Brien, woot!

I dunno if this has been proven throughout his career, but it seems to me that any outswing bowler is pretty much doomed against Sehwag

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyone reckon the first hour might've gone a little differently if Sehwag had mostly faced Martin and Gambhir had mostly faced Southee rather than vice-versa?
I still think Franklin should have opened the bowling. Sehwag and Gambhir both like the ball moving in the direction Southee moves it so even if he got any swing (which he did early on), it wasn't likely to be particularly effective. Franklin moves it the other way so he could have exploited the way Gambhir jabs at the ball outside off stump and the fact that Sehwag's vulnerable to the ball moving back in.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
O'Brien, woot!

I dunno if this has been proven throughout his career, but it seems to me that any outswing bowler is pretty much doomed against Sehwag
Seems that way. Bond would have cleaned him up. But then you'd think Martin would also have some success against him.

ret

International Debutant
Sehwag departs, should have smashed it .... anyways nice innings

Dravid walks in *yaaawn*

thierry henry

International Coach
Seems that way. Bond would have cleaned him up. But then you'd think Martin would also have some success against him.
Well that's what I was getting at with my earlier post. Sehwag clearly didn't enjoy facing Martin as much as facing Southee. Whilst Gambhir doesn't mind the ball coming in to him, as PEWS said, it seemed to me that Southee was enjoying bowling to Gambhir a lot more than Sehwag. I also thought Mills troubled Gambhir in the first test (no, really)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sehwag was pretty well set before Martin really got to bowl at him though, and the early swing on offer in the first few overs had dissipated already as well.