• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Valid statement, but I don't think it is fair to say that there is no longer a market for ODIs, just that they are becoming over saturated. Three ODIs with two T20s is a sufficient limited overs tour, imo.
Yeah, you won't see me arguing that there is no market for ODIs. I still like them, just can't keep up with the series any more. Too many matches.
Surely you wouldn't forget Watto's ton!?!?
And Watto's last over bowling to win another match!?!?
Lol, I dead-set don't. Will go check out the scorecards now, for no reason other than am curious as to whether WI won a match.

sammy2

Banned
Kevin Pietersen asks to leave England's troubled cricket tour
7 hours ago

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados — England captain Andrew Strauss has confirmed that batsman Kevin Pietersen was denied permission to leave the team's troubled tour to West Indies to visit home.

Pietersen, who was stripped of the captaincy in January over a falling out with former coach Peter Moores, asked a month ago to take a 48-hour break between the drawn third and fourth Tests.

"The permission wasn't granted because we're on a cricket tour and it sets a bad precedent if people can go home during cricket tours," Strauss said Sunday. "He understood that fully and it wasn't an issue by any means and he just got on with it."

Strauss added that there had been no problems between him and his predecessor as captain during a tour on which England lost the Test series and is even at 2-2 in the one-dayers with one match to play.

"He's been very supportive all the tour," Strauss said. "He's been very professional in the way he's prepared himself."

Pietersen has appeared unhappy throughout the near three-month tour. In a column he writes for a Sunday newspaper, he said that the current England squad was a "pretty damn lonely place to be."

"It's not worth dwelling on his comments too much and now we move to St. Lucia," Strauss said. "It's over. I had a chat with him about it and we move on from there."

:laugh::laugh:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I only remember those ODIs for Sammy and Ramdin needing 8 runs off 6 balls and playing conservatively to ensure the withewash.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, you won't see me arguing that there is no market for ODIs. I still like them, just can't keep up with the series any more. Too many matches.

Lol, I dead-set don't. Will go check out the scorecards now, for no reason other than am curious as to whether WI won a match.
Nope, clean-sweep 5-0. Watto MOTS and generally God-like.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting to note that the ICC WC qualifiers have back to back games whilst we wait and wait and wait for this snorefest to be done with.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting to note that the ICC WC qualifiers have back to back games whilst we wait and wait and wait for this snorefest to be done with.
Yeah the schedule for the ODI's has been a joke. It could and should have been done and dusted in 10 days.

stumpski

International Captain
What's been just as annoying is having no top-flight cricket for three days (I'm interested in the Associates games, but they're not televised) and then three on the same day - albeit in different time zones. Seems to have been happening a lot this winter.

Never mind, county season just a skip and a jump away now. :)

stumpski

International Captain
I'm pleased - a series win with two D/'L wins and a forfeiture wouldn't have stood up to close examination.

Just needs the weather to behave now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm would be funny if the match is rained off after the dragged out schedule, the rubbishness of the sides/pitches/everything and of course the strike threat.

stumpski

International Captain
Yes, it would be oddly fitting wouldn't it - as it is, even if not abandoned it looks like it's going to be a reduced-overs affair.

At least there's another match on to watch.

stumpski

International Captain
33 over game starting at 6. Surprised it's as many as that, I suppose lights are in place though.

They're showing the 2004 CT final on Sky now.

Alex Wharf :laugh: