• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Flem274*

123/5
Jeez this thread has been nothing but a catfight at times. Praying to my agnostic God that I haven't contributed much to the bitchiness in some little dark corner of the thread.

Basically I concur with Heath, which I generally always do. I could be his parrot.

Craig

World Traveller
Jeez this thread has been nothing but a catfight at times. Praying to my agnostic God that I haven't contributed much to the bitchiness in some little dark corner of the thread.

Basically I concur with Heath, which I generally always do. I could be his bitch.
Fixed.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Well, the NZers held the upper hand earlier in this thread in the bitchiness and uber sensitivity stakes, but the Indians have pulled back admirably of late. Good thing there's still one more test to go before we have a winnar!

Yes, Uppercut, I did engage in some stereotyping there. It does feel good. :cool:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
no way.. I watched the Ranji Trophy and Karthik was still EASILY the better keeper among the two...
You have always been biased towards Karthik. One game you watched Patel doesn't show how he is over all. I have been following his keeping and it is pretty good now compared to the past. Karthik on the other hand keeps messing balls. His keeping has declined.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Well, the NZers held the upper hand earlier in this thread in the bitchiness and uber sensitivity stakes, but the Indians have pulled back admirably of late. Good thing there's still one more test to go before we have a winnar!

Yes, Uppercut, I did engage in some stereotyping there. It does feel good. :cool:
Nah, India will leave with a cleansweep in bitchiness imo. :p

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Were you eating curry and watching a movie with a ridiculous dance scene at the time? :D

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You have always been biased towards Karthik. One game you watched Patel doesn't show how he is over all. I have been following his keeping and it is pretty good now compared to the past. Karthik on the other hand keeps messing balls. His keeping has declined.
lol... it is funny you talk about bias when I was the first one in this thread to post about what the newspapers have been saying regarding DK's keeping needing improvement...

And once again, I DID watch Parthiv in the Ranji games closely and he has not gotten any better. His batting is def. more reliable than Karthik (buit still nothing spectacular) but there is no way he is a better keeper, even right now, than Karthik.. It was obvious in the Ranji and Duleep Trophies...

As an aside, it is amazing how poor our back up keepers are. Serves them right too... With Dhoni being Dhoni, seems like every other wicket-keeper with some talent in the country, includng the likes of Parthiv and DK, are trying to be batsmen mainly and then keepers... That is not the way you boys are going to break into this team, though...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
lol... it is funny you talk about bias when I was the first one in this thread to post about what the newspapers have been saying regarding DK's keeping needing improvement...

And once again, I DID watch Parthiv in the Ranji games closely and he has not gotten any better. His batting is def. more reliable than Karthik (buit still nothing spectacular) but there is no way he is a better keeper, even right now, than Karthik.. It was obvious in the Ranji and Duleep Trophies...

As an aside, it is amazing how poor our back up keepers are. Serves them right too... With Dhoni being Dhoni, seems like every other wicket-keeper with some talent in the country, includng the likes of Parthiv and DK, are trying to be batsmen mainly and then keepers... That is not the way you boys are going to break into this team, though...
Well you are definitely a big fan of Karthik, of that there is no doubt. Leaving the biases aside, if you have watched him in more than a game, fair enough. I do rate Patel higher than being crap though and foresee him coming into the team as reserve keeper ahead of Karthik in the future.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Nah, India will leave with a cleansweep in bitchiness imo. :p
Time to kick start some inter-university rivalry talk imo. Might even throw in a 'crankin' to get Perm and the anti-Perm coterie involved :ph34r:

Were you eating curry and watching a movie with a ridiculous dance scene at the time? :D
Giving Appu a bath in the river, tbh. Can't ride to work on a dirty elephant :arabia:

ret

International Debutant
What a performance by India! It's admirable that Ind handled the pressure of following-on and batting for days to protect the lead in the series. I can see some other teams collapsing under this kind of pressure. There is no doubt that this Indian side has matured .... Hats off to Gambhir for leading the way and Laxman for staying on. Gambhir is my man-of-the match

For the next game, Ind may want to consider playing Mishra, if the pitch is going to be like this

For NZ, it appears as if they gave their best in this game. We have to see if they can be consistent in the next game. Ryder has done very well in two consecutive games so the chances of him failing in the next game increases. 3 hundreds in 3 tests doesn't happen that frequently, so he has something to look forward to in the next game