• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't help but feel that Lionel Baker should stick to what he does best- playing club cricket.

I really hope he proves me wrong though. He was decent on Friday.

Mr Mxyzptlk

it will be a tough chase especially with the weather around.. but KP is due a big innings... windies cannot play Pollard, Bravo and Sammy.. It has to be the 2/3...
Doesn't Pietersen have to bat at 7 though? He was off the field with an internal injury.

EDIT: Regarding the Bravo/Pollard/Sammy scenario, I think it's more appropriate to say Bravo + Sammy/Pollard. No way should Bravo be in the mix with those two. He's a sure pick.

gvenkat

State Captain
Doesn't Pietersen have to bat at 7 though? He was off the field with an internal injury.

EDIT: Regarding the Bravo/Pollard/Sammy scenario, I think it's more appropriate to say Bravo + Sammy/Pollard. No way should Bravo be in the mix with those two. He's a sure pick.
Agree.. It should be Bravo, Pollard and Sammy replacing Nikita... that would be better and bring in a decent batsman.. say Nash.. :blink:

Mr Mxyzptlk

If at all anything.. Baker is best suited for ODI cricket.... but those two fours were lucky :laugh::laugh::laugh:
The way I see it, he doesn't do much with the ball, but is relatively accurate. He's likely to do well when the batsmen are already under pressure, but won't often put pressure on batsmen otherwise. Rampaul is a better bowler, though I'd have preferred to see Rampaul completing the FC season than hanging around the ODI squad doing nothing.