• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
WCE released him because of pressure from the AFL, really. There was no way he could remain on their list, especially with the other stuff going on around them (Kerr, Fletcher in Las Vegas, etc.)

Oh, and Richmond subscribes to Murphy's Law more than any other group or individual in the history of mankind.

howardj

International Coach
I said some time ago on here that I thought that the reason why clubs steered clear of Cousins in the National draft, and why nobody else but Richmond picked him up in the Pre-Season draft, was because of his hamstrings as much as it was the prospect of a drug relapse. Looks like, so far, they were right. The problem with such an injury is that, unlike a broken arm, it can go again at any time and can only be managed but never cured. As with Buckley, such injuries are also hard to shake once you're 30+. Anyway, hard to see him getting picked up by any team next year, or re-signed by Richmond, if he suffers another such injury.

pasag

RTDAS
People (mainly the media) jumping the gun here, so he'll be out for a few weeks, what's the big deal? He showed last night how much class he adds to Richmond, was pretty much the only bloke without butterfingers. Not like Richmond gave anything up to take him in terms of the draft and as long as the off field stuff stays away he'll contribute heaps to Richmond over the next few years.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Marty Clarke and Alan Didak showed horrible skills in the last 2 mins of that game, and cost Collingwood the match.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A Collingwood loss is always a good loss, even though I don't particularly like Adelaide (y)

Gutted I didn't get time to update my dreamteam before Thursday, have about 4/5 really crap selections due to players either being injured, or because they're just gash players for DT purposes.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(y) Good to get the season off to a start with a win, even though there were 2 very scrappy quarters (1st and 4th). Rich is going to be a star, has such a good kick on him, still think Freo were crazy for not picking him at 3. Also, despite the fact that Voss like Matthews before him obviously what Adcock to play midfield, when he's in the backline it looks so much more poised imo.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Hurley is going to be something special, awesome debut. Result was something i expected. We will thrash Freo next week.

Zaka (2nd rd draft pick) kicked 7 and had 32 possies in the VFL. These 2 picks have me mega excited.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Like what I saw of Hurley for Essendon. Definitely something to take out of the Power loss.

Hamish McIntosh back is awesome :cool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't wanna get jumped on for making yet another DT orientated post, but have had a mare. No fewer than five of my starting line up didn't play. Luckily three are covered by emergencies, but that still leaves a two man hole.

pasag

RTDAS
Don't wanna get jumped on for making yet another DT orientated post, but have had a mare. No fewer than five of my starting line up didn't play. Luckily three are covered by emergencies, but that still leaves a two man hole.
Don't stop on my behalf :p

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[B][U]CW Tipping '09 - Round 1[/U][/B]

Howardj - 7
James90 - 7
Pasag - 7
Simon - 7
SuperKD - 7
Alternative - 6
BoyBrumby - 6
Cameeel - 6
Clapo - 6
DCYE - 6
Jono - 6
Sam_Vimes - 6
Sir B.I - 6
Ausage - 5
Voltman - 5
Heath DS - 4
MikeW - 4
NewZT - 4
Vic_Orthodox - 4
Hoggy - 3
Josh - 2
99* - 1

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not that big an issue seeing as we play for the league, and not most points.
cbf with DT, my side is rubbish. Haven't changed it since I did it originally.
Soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.