• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
I don't get why England are such a woeful side. I mean I actually wish they were better. But honestly it speaks volumes when your best batsman is a South African and you have to get a guy from Denmark into your side as a 3rd seamer. Plus didn't Dimitri Mascaranus play most of his cricket in Australia?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't get why England are such a woeful side. I mean I actually wish they were better. But honestly it speaks volumes when your best batsman is a South African and you have to get a guy from Denmark into your side as a 3rd seamer. Plus didn't Dimitri Mascaranus play most of his cricket in Australia?
Because England, for whatever reason, doesn't seem capable of producing quality ODI batsmen.

They currently have 1 batsman who's actually proven himself to be a good ODI batsman, and he's South African. The England qualified batsman with the best List A career figures is also South African. A look through the top averages in English domestic List A cricket last season shows that the best performers have almost to a man been overseas players, most of whom are Kolpaks.

Evermind

International Debutant
From Strauss:

"In a five-match series, we cannot have one or two bad performances like we did. If we are beaten, we have to make sure we are beaten off the last ball in a very tight game. We cannot be Jekyll and Hyde. We are too much like that at the moment."
Maybe it's just me, but it really sounds like a far too negative thing to say.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because England, for whatever reason, doesn't seem capable of producing quality ODI batsmen.

They currently have 1 batsman who's actually proven himself to be a good ODI batsman, and he's South African. The England qualified batsman with the best List A career figures is also South African. A look through the top averages in English domestic List A cricket last season shows that the best performers have almost to a man been overseas players, most of whom are Kolpaks.
Boycott syndrome IMO. Coaches and team-mates go nuts when you commit the cardinal sin of getting out while trying to score runs (you're only allowed to get out making a mistake defending in England) so exciting batsmen have the fun sucked out of them at age 13.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harmison back in the side for Batty apparently.

I could see the argument for not picking him or picking him consistently. But whatever your opinion of Harmison the selections based solely on him coming in and out of the side are indisputably ****e. That's before the likes of Amjad Khan and Prior's OD picks.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To go back to a point I made yesterday, does anyone else think it's a bit presumptive that all sorts of people claim England only won the first game because of Dyson's error? The reason we won the game was because we were ahead on the DL method, so why should it be assumed that West indies would have chased down the target but for the decision to accept the light? Their innings had been disintegrating for quite a few overs.

If you're wondering where this has come from, cricinfo said that the series would be dead but for John Dyson's error, and it's a totally ******** thing for a site like to say

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If I was England captain and won the toss I would try and make a deal so we didn't have to bat at all