• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

sammy2

Banned
KP dissed Chanders???? What is this about?
He said chanders plays for chanders ...

But there's a 'but'. 'Shiv Chanderpaul has been fantastic but one thing disappoints me about him,' says Pietersen. 'Every time he gets runs he never fields. There's always an injury or something. That has really got on my nerves here. It leads me to think he plays for himself.'

Pietersen must, to an extent, play for himself now that he has had his stripes taken away. He has the ability to become one of the greats.

Howsie

International Captain
I don't know to much about English cricket but what the heck is going on with this team. I think one of the main reasons England are so bad as they don't give players long enough to succed, unless there name is Ian Bell. I remember when NZ was over the in July and Ian Botham was going on about Brendon McCullum and Englands keeping problems. He basically said that McCullum was poor for his first two-three international seasons and slowly come right. He also said if he was English he would of been drooped after 10-20 games and never seen again. Why don't England give a Keeper a decent run, give Steven Davis 30-40 games opening with the same guy, and stop chopping and changing. This would be the core of my team:

1.Steven Davis(WK)
2.?
3.Owais Shah
4.Kevin Pietersen
5.Ravi Bopara
6.Andrew Flintoff
7.Dimitri Mascarenhas
8.Graham Napier
9.Greame Swann
10.Stuart Broad
11.James Anderson/?

How Napier hasn't played for England surprises me alot, from what I've seen of him he looks pretty good. I'm also not sure who to open with, I wouldn't select Bell for England for atleast a season. Make him go back to county cricket and tell him to score runs.

Bowling attack

1.Stuart Broad
2.James Anderson
3.Andrew Flintoff
4.Greame Napier
5.Greame Swann

And you would also have the likes of Mascarenhas and Bopara chipping in with the ball.

Anyway, that is my suggestion for England. Try and keep the same team, and stop bringing back has-beens like Harmison. And please for Steven Davis's sake give him time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know to much about English cricket but what the heck is going on with this team. I think one of the main reasons England are so bad as they don't give players long enough to succed, unless there name is Ian Bell. I remember when NZ was over the in July and Ian Botham was going on about Brendon McCullum and Englands keeping problems. He basically said that McCullum was poor for his first two-three international seasons and slowly come right. He also said if he was English he would of been drooped after 10-20 games and never seen again. Why don't England give a Keeper a decent run, give Steven Davis 30-40 games opening with the same guy, and stop chopping and changing. This would be the core of my team:

1.Steven Davis(WK)
2.?
3.Owais Shah
4.Kevin Pietersen
5.Ravi Bopara
6.Andrew Flintoff
7.Dimitri Mascarenhas
8.Graham Napier
9.Greame Swann
10.Stuart Broad
11.James Anderson/?

How Napier hasn't played for England surprises me alot, from what I've seen of him he looks pretty good. I'm also not sure who to open with, I wouldn't select Bell for England for atleast a season. Make him go back to county cricket and tell him to score runs.

Bowling attack

1.Stuart Broad
2.James Anderson
3.Andrew Flintoff
4.Greame Napier
5.Greame Swann

And you would also have the likes of Mascarenhas and Bopara chipping in with the ball.

Anyway, that is my suggestion for England. Try and keep the same team, and stop bringing back has-beens like Harmison. And please for Steven Davis's sake give him time.
Collingwood >>> Shah, Bopara and Mascarenhas at ODI batting.

Howsie

International Captain
Collingwood >>> Shah, Bopara and Mascarenhas at ODI batting.
Has Collingwood been better then Shah over the last 12 months?

Bopara has a big future so I think he has to play, but from what I know Collingwood has been poor over the last 12 months.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Has Collingwood been better then Shah over the last 12 months?

Bopara has a big future so I think he has to play, but from what I know Collingwood has been poor over the last 12 months.
Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that ODI cricket was only invented twelve months ago.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Please no. I've had it with keepers and middle order players opening. Bopara, Bell, Prior, etc. Can't we find an opener who can open?
Davies opens for his county and did a top notch job last season, particularly in the Pro40.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
When the English were batting, there was a discussion on the recent drop in fortunes of the English team. Ian Botham said that the Pietersen-Moores fiasco was handled poorly by the ECB, Not surprisingly, they've lost the first Test series after that without winning a game, and don't look like winning this series either. I too thought so, especially when Pietersen and Moores did quite well together. What are your thoughts on this?