• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Stopped reading after the first few lines

Gareth Batty is as spry as a rabbit, bright eyes glancing about, absorbing everything. He has a round face with fair eyebrows and a small, pointy chin. His hair, auburny in spring, is blond by the end of even a wet summer

To be polite, its a little overdone.
They missed out "Now my dears,' said old Mrs. Rabbit one morning, 'you may go into the fields or down the lane, but don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden: your Father had an accident there; he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor."

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sounded to me at the time that Gower was trying to keep it light-hearted. Some people are just so pathetic and precious, reading malice and deliberate insults into a throwaway quip. Has Ramnarine got shares in the newspaper?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a time and a place for mickey-taking, and this was it. For the first and probably only time in his commentating career Gower has said exactly what needed to be said

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The complaint, rightly or wrongly, is that he spoke like that to Gayle and not to Dyson, who was at fault.

I thought it was light hearted and didn't have a problem with it, but perhaps he would have been more sensible to talk like that to Dyson instead, therefore avoiding any controversy.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The complaint, rightly or wrongly, is that he spoke like that to Gayle and not to Dyson, who was at fault.

I thought it was light hearted and didn't have a problem with it, but perhaps he would have been more sensible to talk like that to Dyson instead, therefore avoiding any controversy.
If he said it to Gayle, then I presume that he has complained to the WIPA?

Not cool, Crystal, if that's the case. If it isn't, grow up, Ramnarine. You have issues with the WICB, not David Gower.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
If he said it to Gayle, then I presume that he has complained to the WIPA?

Not cool, Crystal, if that's the case. If it isn't, grow up, Ramnarine. You have issues with the WICB, not David Gower.
It was live on sky and on the big screen in the ground. Ramnarine heard it and took offense, and there were several letters of complaints in the local newspapers. Gayle has not complained, he is very chilled out. Ramnarine said he will talk to CG and see what he thinks.

I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also the mistake had nothing to do with math but poor interpretation or rather bad eyesight.
Well of course it must have been bad eyesight ie something that couldn't be helped, it couldn't possibly be anyone in the WI camp's fault!!

Honestly Xav, I don't know when you're more one-eyed, when it's following the West Indies or Manchester United. And bearing in mind that this is coming from ME...