• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So chuffed for Jesse - looks really classy and more importantly, really hungry for runs. Yet still bats very patiently. WAG

Chance for McCullum to score his first 100 against a non-Zim and non-Bang test team. NZ really need to get 600 from here - no matter what the pitch is like it's intimidating chasing something that big. Even reaching the follow-on is 400.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
2nd test v South Africa in 2006. Franklin and Fleming got hundreds (Fleming a massive 272).

If McCullum doesn't make a hundred today he never will.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Declare with 600?
It's only the 2nd day, why not declare before lunch on the 3rd day?

Just a thought.
At the rate these guys are going...

Cricinfo said:
New Zealand RR 3.93
Last 10 ovs 49/0 RR 4.90

Min overs remaining 37.0
We will easily make 600 before stumps. Declare & get a few overs in tonight?

If we were to bat out the day at 4 an over we'd have over 700, could declare overnight I guess.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We will easily make 600 before stumps. Declare & get a few overs in tonight?
Yeah, I reckon 640-odd an hour before stumps.

Another one dropped. Vettori this time. McCullum's been chanceless so far - you don't often say that about him.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I'm thinking about 640-660 before the declaration. That's just me though.
Well, if they declare about 45 mins before the end of play, I'm sure they will have a bit more than that. If McCullum gets to his hundred, surely he will go nutso for as long as he can after tea.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Well, if they declare about 45 mins before the end of play, I'm sure they will have a bit more than that. If McCullum gets to his hundred, surely he will go nutso for as long as he can after tea.
Fair call. I think the declaration will be made much more on time than number of runs. Depends on McCullum really. He could go boom and we get 720, or he could get out and we could splutter along to 620.