• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
So good. Loled the whole way through.

Probably the worst I've seen Richmond in a long, long time. Were horrible in every department all night, either the occasion got to them or they're just crap in general.

Cousins going down was heartbreaking though.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
**** that was painful, will be worse hearing about this from Carlton supporters. **** the tiges were ****house.

Mike Hurls to debut Sunday, expecting big things from the lad.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Different Year, Same Old Richmond.

Skills were atrocious, how can the skills like that be accepted from an AFL club is beyond me. Some of the times that Foley and Simmonds and co coughed up the footy during the second quarter was embarrasing. Carlton were good but hopefully people dont get to carried away because Richmond were really terrible.

Murphy, Judd, Gibbs, Wiggins were all excellent as well handy signs from some youngsters. Kreuzer and Jacobs belted Simmonds in the ruck. Morton and Riewoldt were good for Richmond and Richo was terrific in the second half. Raines was quite good as well until his injury scare. Both Raines and Cousins under clouds and Cousins looks to be a 3-5 week injury which is a blow. Hopefully Raines was just a knock to the knee.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Speechless.

Cousins and Raines getting hurt just rubbed salt in the wounds. :(
Ha, **** it. One game and someone from my DT is crocked already.

Incidentally, a bit surprised Cousins is still held is such universally high regard after his slightly chequered history. Is he really that good or do people just think he's a good bloke still despite everything?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ha, **** it. One game and someone from my DT is crocked already.

Incidentally, a bit surprised Cousins is still held is such universally high regard after his slightly chequered history. Is he really that good or do people just think he's a good bloke still despite everything?
Don't count out Raines yet, injury may not be that serious.

Regarding Cousins:

a) He was THAT good. Been an out and out star for just under a decade, and was a prodigy as a kid too. In his particular position (midfield), up there with a McGrath or Ambrose in terms of how good he was at what he did.
b) His chequered history, is at the end of the day, his personal problems. He's never let it affect other people much, like say Symonds has. You can say Cousins let his West Coast team-mates down in 2006 where he had to stand down as captain because of his booze bus incident, but again, it wasn't such a tragedy that people would really hate the bloke.

He's no different to many other AFL players, the only difference is he was made public. He was still never caught doing drugs.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
hmm, have Raines as well, but hopefully he'll only be about a week or two. My defence is a bit short as well with a rookie on the bench and 2 in the reserves. Forgot to name my emergencies but hopefully shouldn't matter, Hill and Rodan the only two iffy ones being named on extended benches.

Shame for me that Norths first 4 games all start about 3 or 4 o clock on a Sunday morning :(

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Don't count out Raines yet, injury may not be that serious.

Regarding Cousins:

a) He was THAT good. Been an out and out star for just under a decade, and was a prodigy as a kid too. In his particular position (midfield), up there with a McGrath or Ambrose in terms of how good he was at what he did.
b) His chequered history, is at the end of the day, his personal problems. He's never let it affect other people much, like say Symonds has. You can say Cousins let his West Coast team-mates down in 2006 where he had to stand down as captain because of his booze bus incident, but again, it wasn't such a tragedy that people would really hate the bloke.

He's no different to many other AFL players, the only difference is he was made public. He was still never caught doing drugs.
It affected WCE an enormous amount. He let down more than his team mates he let down the whole club a number of times.

Your right about one thing he was/is unbelievably good but it is pretty naive to say it did not affect anyone but himself.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did I just imagine things, or did someone actually say Raines played well for any portion of the match? I only saw the first half, but he did anything but play well afaic.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he's held in higher regard now as a person than he was before his issues became public.

Could never stand the guy. The arrogant swagger on the pitch was compounded by the way he dodged and smirked his way through the drugs crisis he had. Gun player, but I couldn't stand his attitude.

Thought being a Swans supporter, I'm not a big fan of many Weagles players in recent times. Completely unashamed about it too ;)

Having said that it was good to see him getting back on his feet. As much as I didn't like him, everyone deserves a chance at redemption, and his was looking like a really good news story. Was genuinely disappointed to see him go down last night.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It affected WCE an enormous amount. He let down more than his team mates he let down the whole club a number of times.

Your right about one thing he was/is unbelievably good but it is pretty naive to say it did not affect anyone but himself.
Yeah look, I was probably a little light on him, but the club's grounds for releasing him were weak. Wasn't he cleared of all allegations against him when he was caught by the police in the summer of 2007/08? So basically they got rid of him because he was caught by the police shirtless.

WC released him because of the bad publicity, not that specific act. He had a prescription for those drugs in his car I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.