• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol not sure if it would have been the best decision but would have made for some damned entertaining viewing. I wonder what kind of captain Sehwag will be, I'm guessing not too aggressive. Right now would be a great time for Jesse Ryder to trip over a tennis ball.
Sehwag's actually rated pretty damn highly as a captain.

Players filling in for a couple of games never tend to be too innovative or aggressive, though, indeed.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain

Players filling in for a couple of games never tend to be too innovative or aggressive, though, indeed.
Yeah I've heard he's a very good captain, I just don't see him being a very aggressive one, I think he'd be good across a series, not so sure over one match.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I do find it somewhat amusing that for all the talk of how New Zealand don't have any viable opening options and even suggestions of putting a middle order batsman up there to open, they're actually playing three openers in this match.

I still don't know what to make of Jamie How. I always hope he goes well though; today's no exception.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I didn't think How was in the squad, is something wrong with Flynn? If the wicket is flat How could be a real threat, especially as this is the first the Indians are seeing of him. Considering 61/6 maybe 3 openers isn't such a bad option, though I think Flynn is more adhesive than How.

Alright lads place your bets, score at the end of first hour and at end of first session. Personally I have no idea, though if the ball moves I can't see Mcintosh lasting against Zaheer.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I didn't think How was in the squad, is something wrong with Flynn? If the wicket is flat How could be a real threat, especially as this is the first the Indians are seeing of him. Considering 61/6 maybe 3 openers isn't such a bad option, though I think Flynn is more adhesive than How.
Flynn's out injured. How was drafted in as cover for him after the first Test.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Was a poor captain during the IPL, albeit in a completely different format.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really?

What's the deal with how highly rated Taylor is? He's hardly technically perfect and his batting record's pretty poor. Considerably worse than Yuvraj's, in fact.
Taylor averaged about 40 not long ago; his record has really taken a nosedive lately but I think it's all part of the cyclical nightmare that is Test batting. Yuvraj's record is inflated by featherbeds - he's only really played one inning I rated as being particularly good, TBH.

Taylor's far from technically perfect but I do think he's technically 'good' and he's certainly technically better than Yuvraj.

It really has a lot more to do with the fact that I don't rate Yuvraj than my opinion of Taylor.