• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Evermind

International Debutant
India are on a rampage. Not only are they making a mockery of jinxes that have haunted their cricket for long, they are also breaking long-standing traditions. There aren't many at this point who can argue with them. Virender Sehwag had questioned the utility of a tour game in the country that has caused India so much grief and now MS Dhoni has defied the logic that dictates that a team should reach the venue of a Test match at least two days in advance.

So when the Hamilton Test finished a day early, the Indian team packed off to Auckland - which is more cosmopolitan and more happening - enjoyed its rest there, practised hard for a day and then made it to Napier about 18 hours before the toss. That would have been scandalous in an earlier era or even with many current teams that are very particular about preparations at the actual venue. Not anymore. Not for this victorious Indian side. Teams anyway don't get to train at the McLean Park, they have to use the adjacent Nelson Park. How different can it be from Eden Park?
Cricinfo - Bullish India shed 'conventional' methods

If I read any more of this Monga's effusive articles, I'm gonna vomit. So desperately hope India are beaten so he'll just shut the **** up.

Edit: more from the same article:

"Mentally we are right there. When it comes to the mind it depends on what you're feeding into the mind. The mind doesn't know if it's Napier or what you're feeding. You come and say 'this is Napier', and it believes it's Napier. If you see, it's an abstract. When people say 'he's in form', nobody has seen form. It's a state of mind where you are confident and you think very positively and everything you think about, you think it's very achievable. It's about how you treat the mind..."
- Dhoni the psychologist-philosopher.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If you accuse someone of something, the onus is on you to provide the proof. If you think you are gonna write this in a book 15 years later, noone is going to believe you. Oh yeah and go ahead and send this link Martin and tell him I said that.

Let him sue me and I will see the guy in the court.
Who's talking anything about 15 years later? Crowe has been consistent about it for the last 15 years, not a one-off comment.

All it proves it is Chris Pringle was the one cheating in that game and got away with it.

".....Nothing was proved against any of the Pakistan side, but sadly it set a precedent for accusations to be thrown at their bowlers right through to today.Pringle got away with his actions as the Code of Conduct and match referees were still some time away, and he only admitted what he had done when he retired..... "
Sigh. Point being the NZers were happy to admit they were cheating because they were highlighting the idiotic double standards in Pakistan. Yes, our umpires in NZ may have been substandard, but the Pakistani officials were as crooked as they come.

Evermind

International Debutant
Knowing the history of cheating, chucking, ball-tampering, drilling-into-the-pitch, miraculous drug-ban reversals, Ijaz Butt's recent comments, support of terrorists, etc etc by the PCB or its players, it's really not that hard to believe one side over the other, is it?

adharcric

International Coach
Cricinfo - Bullish India shed 'conventional' methods

If I read any more of this Monga's effusive articles, I'm gonna vomit. So desperately hope India are beaten so he'll just shut the **** up.

Edit: more from the same article:

- Dhoni the psychologist-philosopher.
What's wrong with the article, apart from the fact that you have a serious problem with the Indian team encountering success? I hope India win by a landslide and Monga writes more of these just so you vomit and kindly shut the **** up. :cool:

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, my 2-0 New Zealand prediction has gone away, and I'm going to blame that one on the curators (I'll have to think of other excuse for my 500 other predictions).

So this pitch, and this pitch only, since it may have some grass, I'm going to go with New Zealand. They're probably not feeling very good after their performance, and they seem to be going in with two spinners while India play one. :shock: Maybe it'll reverse the fortunes. Patel to make Sachin his bunny :ph34r:, and NZ to win in a close game.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Well, my 2-0 New Zealand prediction has gone away, and I'm going to blame that one on the curators (I'll have to think of other excuse for my 500 other predictions).

So this pitch, and this pitch only, since it may have some grass, I'm going to go with New Zealand. They're probably not feeling very good after their performance, and they seem to be going in with two spinners while India play one. :shock: Maybe it'll reverse the fortunes. Patel to make Sachin his bunny :ph34r:, and NZ to win in a close game.
Well the Patel prediction isn't so bad, Sachin has a pretty abysmal record against spinners he hasn't seen before, I mean bloody Tsotsobe got him out ffs. Then again he saw him in the ODI's...

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
btw, Dhoni NOT PLAYING!

Dinesh Kartik in.
Sehwag is new captain.
IMO, Shoulda made Bhajji Captain.
Lol not sure if it would have been the best decision but would have made for some damned entertaining viewing. I wonder what kind of captain Sehwag will be, I'm guessing not too aggressive. Right now would be a great time for Jesse Ryder to trip over a tennis ball.