• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
What do you reckon guys, could India bowl out NZ twice on your normal Napier pitch? Will be interesting to see how the Indians play against Patel. Apparently Mills hasn't got a wicket here in two tests...Will rain be an issue?

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
What do you reckon guys, could India bowl out NZ twice on your normal Napier pitch? Will be interesting to see how the Indians play against Patel. Apparently Mills hasn't got a wicket here in two tests...Will rain be an issue?
They should do. Our batsmen love to give their wickets away no matter how good the track is.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
'Rebel' McMillan to commentate test | Stuff.co.nz

I'm not quite sure Cameron's statement that Sky "would not be dictacted to" is as bold as it may look on first glance, considering McMillan is actually replacing Shastri who is absent. Now, if McMillan was to stay on when Shastri returns...

Sanz,

Got any proof to back up your claims that Crowe was making up stories? Dangerous legal territory to tread upon considering where this website might be based.
Has Martin Crowe got any proof that he WASN'T cooking up those stories? He is the one who is throwing out allegations in the first place, right?

Flem274*

123/5
Off memory as the old balls were rolled towards the boundary the ball boys would be there in a flash to grab it but one time they weren't quick enough and the NZ team got their hands on a ball, which was scratched up and "tampered." They used that ball and tried it on other balls in the nets and got some pretty awesome swing. Then they did it in the match.

That was the story iirc.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
He's provided direct quotes from the umpires (at least to his recollection). Chris Pringle also had a chapter on this in his book. Or were the whole NZ team making these "stories" up?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Clearly were. Couldn't handle that Pakistan were better then them and started to cheat just to keep up with em.

lolz

Flem274*

123/5
Clearly were. Couldn't handle that Pakistan were better then them and started to cheat just to keep up with em.

lolz
That sounded oddly like bond21. Just substitute Pakistan for Australia and you have it perfect.

bond21, possibly the biggest **** ever to make the forum. Thank God the poms won't have to put up with his **** for the Ashes.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I've heard the stories about bottle top marks on the balls, I reckon there's probably some truth behind it but Crowe was exaggerating a bit.

Is it just me or do we rarely see a NZ player with a bit of national pride, they always seem so self-deprecating (and tbh realistic), c'mon let's here some Glenn Mcgrath style whitewash predictions!

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah I've heard the stories about bottle top marks on the balls, I reckon there's probably some truth behind it but Crowe was exaggerating a bit.

Is it just me or do we rarely see a NZ player with a bit of national pride, they always seem so self-deprecating (and tbh realistic), c'mon let's here some Glenn Mcgrath style whitewash predictions!
Don't mix the players with public opinion. Can't see Ryder, McCullum, O'Brien or Mills (funny how he acts like a 150kmh bowler, so gun) saying we suck.

EDIT: Reminds me of an exchange with Chris Cairns that Shane Bond had before his debut, said it on radio iirc.

Cairns: "What do you want to do?"

Bond: "Play a few games for NZ"

Cairns: "That all?"

Bond: "Well I'd like to win a few games for us yeah"

Cairns: "No, you want to be the best bowler in the world, that should be your aim."

Not word for word but it was words to that effect. Almost like Hollywood really.

Last edited:

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Huh you changed the statement as one can see above. Not that it makes any difference, even if one removes Zimbabwe and BD, Waqar averages around 21 @ home despite playing on some of the flattest pitches. So there goes your statistical claim down the drain.

Please do try again.
Against top teams i meant australia,england,india,southafrica,westindies in that time
and he averages 28.

biased indian

International Coach
when was the last time a team played 2 spinners aganist India when they themselves had only one spinner in the team ..i think this might have never happened before

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's actually a very interesting question! It'd be pretty rare I think.

Could we see Mishra? I doubt it. Dhoni does not use Sehwag much, but he should.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz,

Got any proof to back up your claims that Crowe was making up stories? Dangerous legal territory to tread upon considering where this website might be based.
If you accuse someone of something, the onus is on you to provide the proof. If you think you are gonna write this in a book 15 years later, noone is going to believe you. Oh yeah and go ahead and send this link Martin and tell him I said that.

Let him sue me and I will see the guy in the court.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
He's provided direct quotes from the umpires (at least to his recollection). Chris Pringle also had a chapter on this in his book. Or were the whole NZ team making these "stories" up?
All it proves it is Chris Pringle was the one cheating in that game and got away with it.

".....Nothing was proved against any of the Pakistan side, but sadly it set a precedent for accusations to be thrown at their bowlers right through to today.Pringle got away with his actions as the Code of Conduct and match referees were still some time away, and he only admitted what he had done when he retired..... "