• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Jimmy bowling okay today and pretty sharp as well, Broad a bit expensive. Lets see what the lanky one can do, pace not great so far

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jimmy bowling okay today and pretty sharp as well, Broad a bit expensive. Lets see what the lanky one can do, pace not great so far
Yeah, Jimmy 2-3mph quicker than Harmy at the mo. Harmison around 80-82mph currently, which doesn't suggest he's really bending his back. Is bowling fairly accurately tho, which is nice.

Ha, **** it, Chanders deliberately steers a wide one down to third man for 4 as I typed that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tidy first over from Dimi.

He's deceptively slow, actually. Nothing above 70mph in that over but he looks like he should be faster with the bounce he manages to get.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Oh, Matthew, Matthew, Matthew. 8-)

Shells a straighforward inside edge from Chanders off Dimi. Absolute liability standing up. Seriously poor.

Could cost us dear too.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prior is a massive liability in this form of the game. Yeh I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, wow. Sarwan has clearly decided the run rate needs upping. Gratefully takes advantage of the extra width Mascarenhas offers to deposit him over extra cover for a maximum.

Lovely shot, actually, looks better on replay.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Batty really is crap isn't he?

WI manoevering into a very good position. Prior has a lot to answer for...better make some runs really because I for one would have Davies in there next game

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And in any other form of the game...
At least he's a decent Test Batsman, which slightly compensates for his cruddy 'keeping. This form of the game, he can't even bat, and you need to keep him standing up to medium-pacers, in this form, which lets face it he's no good at.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tidy first over from Dimi.

He's deceptively slow, actually. Nothing above 70mph in that over but he looks like he should be faster with the bounce he manages to get.
Just to expand on this; Colly looks appreciably slower than Mas: wicket-to-wicket military medium, no bounce, no carry, but is actually about 5-7mph quicker than Dimi.

Speaking of medium pacers, on comes Ravi.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Watch for Ravi's slower ball out of the back of the hand. Appears to be short of a length, but then skids on and if pitched in line with the stumps can decieve the batsmen. He picked up quite a few wickets with that ball last season.

Prior's starting to annoy me now, dropped Chanderpaul fairly early with what was a pretty simple chance, and has continued to leak byes. If he's going to bat down the order, we may as well bring Foster in. Far better keeper, best keeper in England and a very useful lower order batsman in OD cricket. Get him in.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
This game seems to be going really slow.

Sarwan and Chanderpaul once again carrying the West Indies. If England can get one of these guys out during this power play they stand a very good chance but they need to make sure that they dont just smash them about and take the game away from England. TBH I have found this game pretty dull so far.