• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favorite cricketbat brand

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

Sorry for staying in the mighty grip of the bats but I love batting.
Yesterday I heard I made it into the team so our season will start in April, Yesyes.
Second batsman here I come.:laugh:

As an expension to my first cricketbat question I'm just wondering which brand that you prefer out of the entire offer that most (online) shops have.

Sofar I love my Kookaburra.

Ps: just wanna say that I learn the game by playing and asking you guy for advice ;-)

Enjoy the day

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
So far i think thar Gray-nicolls but my bat is breaking so im getting a new one after i play the grtand final in week from tomorrow it will either be a gray nicolls viper gray nicolls predator gold or slazanger .

Jakester1288

International Regular
I like Slazengers, personally. I have had 3 bats for games, and they have all been Slazengers. I have a cheap crappy Grey-Nicolls Nitro for using at school.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Thnx guys, just doing a personal taste comparison.
Would you be so kind to tell me why you chose for that specific brand.

I took my Kookaburra because of it's lenght, weight and it felt pretty good in my hands, the price as well was a bargain.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Gunn & Moore or Warsop Stebbing for me. I've recently bought a G&M Icon 909 and it's just a fantastic piece of willow, nice strip of heartwood, thick edges, great grains and the new machine based processing that G&M are using seems to be working, as I'm yet to see a bad 2009 G&M bat. The styling's also fantastic, the Icon stickers are very nice. Warsop are quality as well, local Essex bat makers, and every bat I've seen from them has been of the highest quality. Nice stickers as well, always look very flash, especially the Venom and Platinum models.

Josh

International Regular
I've previously had Slazenger bats and Gray-Nicolls bats. As much as I love the Gray-Nicolls Vertex I have now, I have fond memories of my Slazenger bat and, if the time comes when I'm to purchase a newy, 99% chance I'll get a Slazenger.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Sweet, nice to hear all those opinions.
Do you think the bats that are being offered on the worldcricketstore can be considered as the keyplayers on the market concerning quality or are there other less famous equal brands?

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
I could recommand you to check the new Kookaburra stuff.
A friend of mine went to the UK this week and was very possitive about their range

Chubb

International Regular
handmadebats.co.uk

they have a funny little shop and factory in a village called East Hanningfield in Essex... its a strange place with strange staff but they make top quality bats and also control 90% or something of the willow in England.

pako007

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I like malik bats i have a malik sher bat, i like it because of its balance its like 2.9lbs but it feels like 2.6lbs and they arent expensive at all. i bought one for € 65,- but i bought it at the factory where the stickers were being put on^^. i have kookaburra bats beast ice and kahuna, like the kahuna one but its too heavy for my feeling. my whole gear is from malik actually. but i heard CA is better. thicker edges and larger sweetspot, but i like the balance for this bat right now.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
handmadebats.co.uk

they have a funny little shop and factory in a village called East Hanningfield in Essex... its a strange place with strange staff but they make top quality bats and also control 90% or something of the willow in England.
I've been there...had a fun tour, and awesome sunnies overthere as well