• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well it wasn't the worst collapse ever, a few nuts and a poor decision made things all the worse for us. What we need is EXPERIENCE, a player who knows what to do when we're in trouble and sticks around.

To be fair to Guptill, it was a good delivery and we weren't in trouble at that stage.
Taylor also got a good 'un.

Flynn should have been a bit more cautious and McCullum was mind boggling. He's been that gritty worker all summer and he chooses NOW to throw caution to the wind?

McIntosh shouldn't be playing, How is in great form and we should have pounced on that opening partnership.

Feel bad for Franklin, would've loved to have seen what he was going to do in this situation.

Fair effort to Big Fat Jess and Vettori for building up a partnership and getting us some respectability here. With only Mills and O'Briens testicles left in the batting order we really need to have a big stand with this one.

Flem274*

123/5
Well it wasn't the worst collapse ever, a few nuts and a poor decision made things all the worse for us. What we need is EXPERIENCE, a player who knows what to do when we're in trouble and sticks around.

To be fair to Guptill, it was a good delivery and we weren't in trouble at that stage.
Taylor also got a good 'un.

Flynn should have been a bit more cautious and McCullum was mind boggling. He's been that gritty worker all summer and he chooses NOW to throw caution to the wind?

McIntosh shouldn't be playing, How is in great form and we should have pounced on that opening partnership.

Feel bad for Franklin, would've loved to have seen what he was going to do in this situation.

Fair effort to Big Fat Jess and Vettori for building up a partnership and getting us some respectability here. With only Mills and O'Briens testicles left in the batting order we really need to have a big stand with this one.
Geez, I don't rate him either, but he did score a century and its only fair he gets a decent run.

Ryder showing awesomeness beyond his years here, pity the only brain he has is a purely cricketing one.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, expecting those good ol' knives to come out again after this weak batting performance. Wonder who the scapegoat will be this time...

... can't see an obvious one... maybe Franklin at six.

Expecting numerous calls in the media, radio etc for 'bring back How', 'give Williamson a go' and best of all 'drop Martin cos he can't bat'.

Need a Vettori special here - he's been rubbish ever since people started pointing out that he's been our best test batsman in the last few years. Especially important seeing as we essentially only have two more wickets to be all out.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Geez, I don't rate him either, but he did score a century and its only fair he gets a decent run.

Ryder showing awesomeness beyond his years here, pity the only brain he has is a purely cricketing one.
With McIntosh we should always try field our best team. Since we've decided to throw Guptill into the lineup McIntosh IMO should be squeezed out.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Need a Vettori special here - he's been rubbish ever since people started pointing out that he's been our best test batsman in the last few years. Especially important seeing as we essentially only have two more wickets to be all out.
No he hasn't.
Averages per year since 2005

2005 - 63.50
2006 - 35.18
2007 - 39
2008 - 35.36
2009 - (29*)

Flem274*

123/5
Wow, expecting those good ol' knives to come out again after this weak batting performance. Wonder who the scapegoat will be this time...

... can't see an obvious one... maybe Franklin at six.

Expecting numerous calls in the media, radio etc for 'bring back How', 'give Williamson a go' and best of all 'drop Martin cos he can't bat'.

My personal bets are

"We have no depth" *wrist slitting*

'Franklin is a bits and pieces player"

"Give Williamson a go"

"Drop Martin" (imo he can't bowl either)

"Pick McClennaghan"

Flem274*

123/5
With McIntosh we should always try field our best team. Since we've decided to throw Guptill into the lineup McIntosh IMO should be squeezed out.
Nah McIntosh deserved a game imo. Give him the series plus the trip to India, that will be enough nails for his coffin.

Then How comes back :wub:

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Terrible shot in the sense of how it was executed. You could also make the point that taking an extravagant wave at anything, when you've only been at the crease for 2 balls isn't the best idea, even if it's a loosener.
Flynn should have been a bit more cautious
You guys are dreaming. That's just pure bad luck, nothing else. Can't blame him at all for that dismissal.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah McIntosh deserved a game imo. Give him the series plus the trip to India, that will be enough nails for his coffin.

Then How comes back :wub:
But How is in form now. :blink:

You guys are dreaming. That's just pure bad luck, nothing else. Can't blame him at all for that dismissal.
Flynn should have used his teeth IMO. Guy shouldn't play a ball for the first hour of his innings. Thats the Daniel I've grown to know and love.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The Indians should enjoy batting on this - not much pace or bounce and if the New Zealanders don't get it to swing then they will struggle.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
No he hasn't.
Averages per year since 2005

2005 - 63.50
2006 - 35.18
2007 - 39
2008 - 35.36
2009 - (29*)
Bah, you have forced me to trawl through cricinfo archives to back up my grand sweeping statement... and found:

- Against WI scored 29 and 30 in two bats.
- Against Aus average 14 is four innings.
- Against Bang scored some runs (average 76) and it was important to series, but was still against Bangladesh.
- Against Eng in Eng averaged 12 in six innings (ouch)

- Against Eng in NZ was his last good series where he averaged 46. I suggest it's after that series that people really started talking up his batting.

Point proven :P

Flem274*

123/5
If they can both get centuries I'll be a happy man.

Tbh if we can get the new ball to swing, and we're defending 250-300, this could get fun.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bah, you have forced me to trawl through cricinfo archives to back up my grand sweeping statement... and found:

- Against WI scored 29 and 30 in two bats.
- Against Aus average 14 is four innings.
- Against Bang scored some runs (average 76) and it was important to series, but was still against Bangladesh.
- Against Eng in Eng averaged 12 in six innings (ouch)

- Against Eng in NZ was his last good series where he averaged 46. I suggest it's after that series that people really started talking up his batting.

Point proven :P
Bangladesh was a tough series TBF. Australia was on the whole mostly mine fields. 29 and 30 are fine scores.

Eng in Eng is the only real poor showing IMO.