• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

99*

International Debutant
Where's that Voltman quote, when we were against Aus and he blew up? Should be pulled out here imo.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Man I was going to wait a bit to put money on the game, but unless India lose 3 early wickets it isn't really worth it! 60/6, what a mare for NZ!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
ha-no way is a green top but it is a good wicket with something in it for the bowlers.
Good batting wicket where I am concerned. India exploited the swing in the air and the little movement off the pitch. NZ didn't help mostly with their crap shots.

Evermind

International Debutant
Goneski!

Man NZ are SCREWED bigtime. Crap way to start off a home series.

What was McCullum doing there? Completely unnecessary shot.

99*

International Debutant
New Zealand listened to Ravi early on. He said it would be best for batting on day two after lunch, they want to make sure they have best use of it. :sleep:

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
McCullum playing a ball going over the stumps, while batting 17 feet out of his crease and on the charge.

NZ should declare, try and use what 'juice' is left in the wicket.

Vettori must be feeling like **** walking out to bat, first session on the first day of the first of three test matches. Some things never change huh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Great session. Couldn't have asked for more. Great call by Dhoni to bowl and awesome for the bowlers to back it up on what is not exactly a bowler's wicket.

Polo23

International Debutant
This is the most ******** batting effort i've seen in a while.

McIntosh - rubbish, the whole innings just absolute rubbish
Guptill - probably the most respectable dismissal
Flynn - unlucky
Taylor - rubbish shot, didn't get his body in line when he knew Sharma was moving the ball back in
Franklin - got Taufeled, not his fault
McCullum - the worst shot of them all. Fending off a ball which bounced 2 feet outside off stump. The only result in that shot was going to be caught at slip.

So our two most experienced and "best" batsmen played the crappest shots of all, just when we desperately needed them. Well done.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This is the most ******** batting effort i've seen in a while.

McIntosh - rubbish, the whole innings just absolute rubbish
Guptill - probably the most respectable dismissal
Flynn - unlucky
Taylor - rubbish shot, didn't get his body in line when he knew Sharma was moving the ball back in
Franklin - got Taufeled, not his fault
McCullum - the worst shot of them all. Fending off a ball which bounced 2 feet outside off stump. The only result in that shot was going to be caught at slip.

So our two most experienced and "best" batsmen played the crappest shots of all, just when we desperately needed them. Well done.
Well summed up.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Best umpire in the world, my arse. :@

Hillarious stuff this morning. Our much hyped ODI batting lineup showing just how fragile they are. Indeed I think our batting has a lot more in common with the weak Indian sides of yesteryear than the tourist's does.

McCullum is one of the worst batsmen, in terms of defensive technique, to have played for us in recent years. Can't play a proper forward defensive or leave to save himself. Flynn and McIntosh played just awful shots. Taylor and Guptill got good'uns, but they really should've kept them out.

I'm a bit meh about this though. If we'd lost 2 or 3 fewer wickets I think I'd be a lot more pissed off, but it kind of takes the spice out of things when you've already lost the match inside the first session.

Polo23

International Debutant
Flynn's was a terrible shot? I think almost every batsman in world cricket would have played the exact same shot. It's very uncommon and unlucky for a glance to go THAT fine. I see that dismissal the same as getting runout off the bowlers hand when backing up. It's unfortunate, but it does happen.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn's was a terrible shot? I think almost every batsman in world cricket would have played the exact same shot. It's very uncommon and unlucky for a glance to go THAT fine. I see that dismissal the same as getting runout off the bowlers hand when backing up. It's unfortunate, but it does happen.
Terrible shot in the sense of how it was executed. You could also make the point that taking an extravagant wave at anything, when you've only been at the crease for 2 balls isn't the best idea, even if it's a loosener.