• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Flem274*

123/5
Taylot for all his talent only averages 35 in test cricket sofar.
Thats because he's so inconsistent.

Backing Ryder for at least a 50 here, best talent we've produced in a long time for tests imo (yeah I do think he can be better than Taylor).

Out of interest, was Flynn out via an inswinger?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylot for all his talent only averages 35 in test cricket sofar.
Breakdown of Taylors Test record thus far:

V. Australia 160 @ 40
V. England 553 @ 50.27
V. South Africa 44 @ 11

V. Bangladesh 40 @ 13.33
V. West Indies 65 @ 21.66

Did very good against Eng and Aus. Was very green in South Africa and against the weaker teams he always seems to lose concentration.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Is Franklin really a test no.6 these days?
According to these selectors he is.

My initiall response is that I don't think he is a quality test number 6, however what player in NZ should keep him out of the side? He's been killing it domestically with the bat and can bowl a few overs - so guess it was a no brainer.

Flem274*

123/5
Hopefuly he thinks India are good then.

Did he do so well against Aus? Thought he just had a moderate "get a start and get out" series, good on him then.

Flem274*

123/5
I guess so. Was outside leg and he took a swing at it, got a thin edge to the keeper.
Hmm, he's good against outswing, but from what I (and I think Bahnz noticed it initially, he isn't quite sure against inswingers. Oh well, he'll learn.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
NZ to limp to around 180, McCullum helps steady the ship, then after doing all the hardwork get's out cheaply.

Ooo Taylor gone. NZ being schooled here.

Flem274*

123/5
NZs batsmen once again disproving talkback radio hype. Jimmy and Ryder for centuries.

NZ bowlers to drag us back into this match.