• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Prediction: Series to draw 1-1.

Hoping India wins though of course, preferably 2-0. Will be surprised if there is results in all three tests because of the weather. On the other hand the wickets are bowler friendly, so you never know.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
If Balaji plays I reckon he'll go great guns.

How do people think the Kiwi batsmen will go against such a distinguished pace attack? Can see them struggling, though Zaheer's fitness is key.

Precambrian

Banned
I don't expect miracles from Balaji in this game. I hope he has a good game for he has put in so much heart and effort in this comeback.

More than Indian bowlers being world class, it could be that NZ batsmen are not really upto the task in test cricket, should NZ lose the plot in this series. I have a feeling that this series could be coming of the age for Rossco, Ryder and McCullum, esp the former. I expect Sehwag, after all the hype and hoopla, to have a mediocre series. And so too Gambhir.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
I don't expect miracles from Balaji in this game. I hope he has a good game for he has put in so much heart and effort in this comeback.

More than Indian bowlers being world class, it could be that NZ batsmen are not really upto the task in test cricket, should NZ lose the plot in this series. I have a feeling that this series could be coming of the age for Rossco, Ryder and McCullum, esp the former. I expect Sehwag, after all the hype and hoopla, to have a mediocre series. And so too Gambhir.
I believe NZ batsmen are starting to believe in their skills a lot more. This is happening perhaps because the pitches in NZ are getting much better.

Sure the Indians may have a some good bowlers - but maybe they have an inflated view of themselves, much the same as a number of Indian supporters. What happens to the Indian mentality if the NZers get stuck in and dominate a session. How will the Indian resolve hold up against a team of resolute no hopers ?

Precambrian

Banned
I believe NZ batsmen are starting to believe in their skills a lot more. This is happening perhaps because the pitches in NZ are getting much better.

Sure the Indians may have a some good bowlers - but maybe they have an inflated view of themselves, much the same as a number of Indian supporters. What happens to the Indian mentality if the NZers get stuck in and dominate a session. How will the Indian resolve hold up against a team of resolute no hopers ?
Coming from a NZler (Assuming from your location), it gives me both pain and pleasure. Pain because you straightjacketed all Indian supporters into one stereotype and also Indian cricketers into a bunch of overconfident overfed overspoiled brats...

Pleasured because, till some months back, almost the same used to be said of Australian team and its fans. And by jove, they are still the gold standard.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Based on the early pitch report, NZ are the favorites, unless they take all the grass off.
India have been good competitors on pacy wickets. Perth wasn't as pacy as always but hell, we beat the Ausies there. Zaheer and Ishant can take advantage of the wickets just like the NZ bowlers. Our batting for one is better than NZ's.

Evermind

International Debutant
Series scoreline - NZ 2-0
Most runs - Tendulkar for India, Taylor for NZ
Most wickets - Ishant for India, Bond for NZ (oh how I wish. Prob Mills then)
Man of the series - Vettori or Tendulkar
First NZ player to get dropped from the side - Mcintosh
First Indian player to get dropped from the side - Balaji/Munaf
Surprise Package - O'Brien
Miscellaneous incident - ridiculous amount of rain washes out at least one match

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Coming from a NZler (Assuming from your location), it gives me both pain and pleasure. Pain because you straightjacketed all Indian supporters into one stereotype and also Indian cricketers into a bunch of overconfident overfed overspoiled brats...

Pleasured because, till some months back, almost the same used to be said of Australian team and its fans. And by jove, they are still the gold standard.
My comments are based on having read these threads for a while now. So you can thrown bias out the window if that's what you are hinting at.

Mr Generalisation - I didn't lump all Indian supporters together. Please refer to my use of
'number', inference being 'some' not 'all.

Indian cricketers = overspoilt? If you take into consideration the disproportional distribution of wealth in Indian - then yes you got it. $5 = one weeks wage for 80% of the country.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India have been good competitors on pacy wickets. Perth wasn't as pacy as always but hell, we beat the Ausies there. Zaheer and Ishant can take advantage of the wickets just like the NZ bowlers. Our batting for one is better than NZ's.
Our batting is not better than NZ in traditional NZ conditions. It's better overall, if you average all conditions, and a lot better if you take subcontinental or flat pitches, but in NZ? At best it would be comparable, and considering the form of Dravid, and my lack of faith in Gambhir, Sehwag, and Dhoni in swinging conditions, it's worse. And our bowling is better than it was, but I'd still take the NZ bowling attack in their own conditions.

If the pitches are flat, India will win. If they are not, I would expect the same result as the last ODI match.

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
Just put a £20 bet on India for the series solely on the back of reading this post.
This is the man who put his credibility on the line for England to beat WI. :ph34r:

Both you and the terminally abysmal prophet SS can't both be wrong, so I really wonder who'll strike the jackpot this time 'round.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our batting is not better than NZ in traditional NZ conditions. It's better overall, if you average all conditions, and a lot better if you take subcontinental or flat pitches, but in NZ? At best it would be comparable, and considering the form of Dravid, and my lack of faith in Gambhir, Sehwag, and Dhoni in swinging conditions, it's worse. And our bowling is better than it was, but I'd still take the NZ bowling attack in their own conditions.

If the pitches are flat, India will win. If they are not, I would expect the same result as the last ODI match.
I don't think Sehwag, Gambhir or Dhoni will struggle too heavily against the swinging ball (if indeed it does swing). Whatever technical weaknesses there are, these are batsmen who have been scoring runs all over the show for fun for almost a year. As quality batsmen at the top of their game, I'm backing their sheer run-making ability to matter more than the perceived vulnerability to the swinging ball more often than not.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think Guptill will defientley open the batting, Flynn has played well at 3 so why make him open.

My team:

1. Guptill
2. McIntosh
3. Flynn
4. Taylor
5. Ryder
6. Franklin
7. McCullum
8. Vettori
9. Mills
10. O'Brien
11. Arnel
Looks as though this will be the starting XI. I for one am very excited with this team, pretty much all youngish players - Arnel and Vettori are both 30 and O'Brien is 32. Plenty of talent and promise, so looking forward to seeing how these young guys go.

Don't think I've ever been this excited over the make up of our side in years.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

You under rate India's batting in foreign conditions according to me. NZ is also known for bounce more than swing. Doesn't mean we wont have low scorers because games in NZ tend towards the lower totals.

Last edited: