• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Polo23

International Debutant
To be fair, Jamie How was given a very long run in the side, and he couldn't stake his claim. Bell and Redmond were given at least two series also (Redmond 3).

McIntosh replaced Redmond and did very well, therefore deserves his chance. And Guptill was always going to play test cricket, it was just a matter of time. In terms of talent and potential, and actually looking test match quality, Guptill is the best in NZ.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True, but he hasn't scored a Test century. McIntosh (lucky though he may have been) did, in just his second game.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair point. Bell and Marshall had a fair few failures before being dropped though, McIntosh hasn't...yet.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes How looked the part against England, both home and away, but failed to make it to three figures, which must have been disappointing from him. As Natman says How is hitting a bit of form again now, I was referring more to his Test form when I suggested he was really struggling, but at least he's gone back and got some runs under his belt at a lower level, that's all you can ask.

Sorry to bark on about experience, he does at least have some knowledge of what it's like to play at the top level, what to expect, how to go about things etc, and I think in this series NZ could have profited from that. As it is, McIntosh and Guptill will be seriously up against it.

Flem274*

123/5
He'll be back for the third test I bet, the paper said the pitch has a green twinge, so I back Zaheer and Ishant to dispatch of McIntosh.

And then there's the tour to India, and we aren't exactly great as a batting unit at playing spin, judging by the Bangladesh series...

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
They've already got Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma, the two best so far, and they should stick to these two for a long time, and rather than try out a new (and inferior) third seamer, they should get back one of the seamers they've dropped, and get him back in action.
How are Zaheer and Ishant relevant to the selection of the third seamer?
Arjun said:
What happens to the ones discarded?
Who's been "discarded"? Not RP Singh, nor Sreesanth. Both were deservingly dropped and haven't done anything on the domestic circuit to warrant a recall yet. Both are still finding places in zonal sides even if their domestic stats don't warrant them. Pathetic attitudes like this - just pick guys that you've already tried rather than picking the best performers - have hurt Indian cricket in the past.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo - Indian broadcaster requests delayed start

Is Sony ****ing ********? Do they not realise that at this time of the year, that if you demand matches start later to get more viewers, you'll inevitably lose viewing time from it getting dark before the close of play? They tried this bull**** in DECEMBER and got very mixed results. Trying it in March and April is insane. Especially after Daylight saving ticks over, they will have NO chance of completing a full day's play (they'll struggle from an 11:00 o'clock start to be honest).

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Cricinfo - Indian broadcaster requests delayed start

Is Sony ****ing ********? Do they not realise that at this time of the year, that if you demand matches start later to get more viewers, you'll inevitably lose viewing time from it getting dark before the close of play? They tried this bull**** in DECEMBER and got very mixed results. Trying it in March and April is insane. Especially after Daylight saving ticks over, they will have NO chance of completing a full day's play (they'll struggle from an 11:00 o'clock start to be honest).
Don't worry, doubt it'll happen. BCCI and Sony are embroiled in a feud these days.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
"New Zealand will bat Franklin at No. 6 and Guptill will make his debut in the middle-order, which leaves two spots up for grabs.

New Zealand (likely): 1 Tim McIntosh, 2 Daniel Flynn, 3 Ross Taylor, 4 Jesse Ryder, 5 Martin Guptill, 6 James Franklin, 7 Brendon McCullum (wk), 8 Daniel Vettori (capt), 9 Kyle Mills, 10 Iain O'Brien, 11 Chris Martin/Brent Arnel."

Cricinfo - Teams switch to five-day gear

Looks pretty likely to me.

Polo23

International Debutant
I think cricinfo is ********. Generally they screw everything up to do with NZ cricket, if they actually have it right for a change then it is madness.

Evermind

International Debutant
I have a feeling this test series is going to do wonders for Sharma's and Zaheer's bowling averages.

:cool:

Has there been a predictions thread already?