• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyways, if we don't get bowled out (which i wouldn't be spewing about) then when do we declare?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All things considered he should be sitting out the next few Tests anyway
Yeah, i don't think he's bowled too well here- some do- but it must be beyond doubt now that he's not able to justify carrying his prank-fielding and non-existent batting around for it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, i don't think he's bowled too well here- some do- but it must be beyond doubt now that he's not able to justify carrying his prank-fielding and non-existent batting around for it.
I think there has been an improvement, but not enough to usurp Swann (if he recovers, as stated by fos)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Assuming Swann recovers from his surgery okay. Shame we can't prepare pitches suited to playing two spinners for the Ashes though.
I wouldn't want to say for certain that we can't, but I imagine it's probably not possible.

Tough task, preparing turners at the grounds we're playing at.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't get me started :@

Anyway, I'm watching this on cricinfo - I never realised Colly's average had climbed back up to 44. Good stuff, made up with the way he has re-established himself after last summer's horrorshow.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't get me started :@

Anyway, I'm watching this on cricinfo - I never realised Colly's average had climbed back up to 44. Good stuff, made up with the way he has re-established himself after last summer's horrorshow.
Love the way Colly and Strauss have turned things around. I'm excited to see how they perform against the best in the world in the summer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't say I'm enormously hopeful for either of them TBH, think Clark has a very good chance of sorting Collingwood out like he did last time (if he plays), and think Strauss' game is still exceptionally well-suited to scoring against poor bowling and lasting a long while (and hopefully mostly seeing-off the new-ball) against good stuff. But I don't think he has enough shots to score big scores. And nor do I think he'll get anywhere trying to play shots that don't come naturally to him, in fact I think he'll do far worse if he tries that.

As for England in The Ashes - does anyone seriously believe they have a chance? If so, cloud-****oo status methinks.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Love the way Colly and Strauss have turned things around. I'm excited to see how they perform against the best in the world in the summer.
If you can’t turn your career around against this bowling line-up and on these surfaces, you’re ****ed (see Shah).

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Gooooooooonnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee. Let's hope Prior can repeat the first-innings trick.
Needs to if we're going to set anything remotely challenging in the time available. Either that or KP needs to bat like a man possessed and someone stay with him.

I would think Strauss would like to set 250 in a fraction under 2 sessions.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As for England in The Ashes - does anyone seriously believe they have a chance? If so, cloud-****oo status methinks.
I do. Australia ~=~ South Africa, in spite of the evidence from the previous two tests, and England weren't exactly hopeless against them last summer. They're struggled here with slow pitches, lack of swing and severe heat, none of which will be around in England. They've paid the price for starting slowly away from home.

Currently i don't care who wins. Maybe at the time I'll have a preference. If i could pick one thing I want to happen at the Ashes this year it's Simon Jones playing in the first test in Cardiff. But that is most certainly cloud-****oo status.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I would bat for no more then 25 overs. Try and get an extra 150 runs and set 250 odd in 60 overs and see if Gayle fancies that.